Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hello People of Earth (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hello-people-of-earth-4085.html)

coastertoasterxb 03-19-2007 06:13 AM

Hello People of Earth

Hi there

I've been watching for the last three months. Getting better MPG out of all my cars has always been a top priority for me. Just recently I got turned on to cleanmpg.com and shortly after I found gassavers.org. The site is very nice with great topics. I really enjoy the DIY stuff around the house posts also.

My vehicle is a Scion XB 2006 with 11,000 miles on it. I try to hypermile it as much as possible and average 35.7 MPG. On a side note the scion is a great car for the money and tons of fun to drive.

Look forward to spending lots of time here:D

GasSavers_James 03-19-2007 06:18 AM

Yes its a great site. I like it because it is diverse...not all hybrid owners or Tdi's, but a mix of everything. I think everyone who has visited the site has come away with something that will improve their gas milage.
welcome, enjoy.
-James

JanGeo 03-19-2007 06:46 AM

CoasterToasterxB - good of you to finally chime in here buddy!! My 90 day average just dropped a few points from it moving past some good tanks last fall but I am working on getting it back up there a bit more.

cfg83 03-19-2007 08:25 AM

coastertoasterxb -

Welcome to the site. You and your XB are in good company.

CarloSW2

rh77 03-19-2007 11:10 AM

Welcome

Welcome to GS!

The xB seems to be a great platform to continue your FE journey. I suppose you've checked-out the Stickies in the General FE Discussion area (a great place to start for mods and ideas).

Let us know if you have any questions :)

RH77

thisisntjared 03-19-2007 03:56 PM

have any of you xB drivers experimented with removing the bottom half of your rear bumper yet? my cousin has an xB but he is too cool to take it off and find out even though he does all highway driving.

coastertoasterxb 03-19-2007 04:21 PM

I have not removed the bumper yet. This summer it will come off to upgrade the horn from a beep to a BEEP. What aero benefits would I see or results would i notice from doing this?

Thank you to all for the friendly greeting.

JanGeo its nice to hear from you again. I'm actually starting to get some nice numbers lately

JanGeo 03-19-2007 04:22 PM

I don't think it makes much difference but when it gets a little warmer and drier I will put some telltails under the trunk in front of the rear lowers and see what the air flow is doing. I also have a floam plate to install there if it needs some belly pan work. All I need to do is apply a layer of fiberglass and screw it in.

thisisntjared 03-20-2007 05:56 PM

i dont know what is behind it, but 4in of tapering will definitely help.