Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Gas Prices (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/gas-prices-4154.html)

zpiloto 03-30-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 45592)
Hello -

I guess that will make us the "I Told You So's" at social events :) .

CarloSW2

Everyone still thinks I'm nuts. It's not a matter of I told you so, it's a matter of quit complaining and be more FE or get a better car and not expect the government to do something about it. Even if fuel gets to $5.00 a gallon most will just say man it cost me $130 to fill my ______. The government needs to do something about it.

cfg83 03-30-2007 02:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
zpiloto -

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto (Post 45622)
Everyone still thinks I'm nuts. It's not a matter of I told you so, it's a matter of quit complaining and be more FE or get a better car and not expect the government to do something about it. Even if fuel gets to $5.00 a gallon most will just say man it cost me $130 to fill my ______. The government needs to do something about it.

I liken it to the "Matthew Lesko" Cassandra syndrome :

Attachment 311

WHY WONT YOU LET ME HELP YOU?!?!?!?!
CANT YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!?!
JUST DO AS I SAY AND ALL YOUR GAS PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED!!!!

(Say the above out loud in the tone of his infomercials)

CarloSW2

Peakster 03-30-2007 03:04 PM

The cheapest gas in town today is $3.61 CAD/US gallon. Still a ways to go to beat my city's record of $4.56 CAD/US gallon. Nearly $50 to fill my tank if we see those prices again (which we most likely will).

At least the high prices are boosting my resale value of my Geo here. I saw a '96 model a little while ago with over 200K on it and they wanted $4,000 for it ;).

Hockey4mnhs 03-30-2007 10:25 PM

thank GOD for gs!!!!

Ted Hart 04-22-2007 10:41 PM

God help us if ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto (Post 45622)
Even if fuel gets to $5.00 a gallon most will just say man it cost me $130 to fill my ______. The government needs to do something about it.

When the gov't steps in, everything goes to H--- ! Don't you agree?:eek:

JanGeo 04-23-2007 03:25 AM

Prices just jumped over 3 a gallon for higher test and regular is just below 3 at some stations for regular.

Peakster 05-01-2007 07:09 PM

The 'normal' gas price in Regina today has hit $1.139 CAD per litre, a 7 cent jump overnight. It's getting close to our all-time-record of $1.195. The cheapest place in town has also risen to $1.049/L.

On the CTV news, it was reported that gasoline is predicted to hit $1.40 per litre this summer ($4.68 US per US gallon). Watch as they'll be practically giving away early 2000s-model SUVs. *evil grin*

trebuchet03 05-01-2007 07:30 PM

I really wonder if the supply/demand/price curves are working.... Sure, WE drive for max efficiency... But does an additional 20 cents make the other guy at the pump drive differently? Less? Any change? I mean, I'm always hearing "oh, a few cents more only means another dollar compared to before."

Well... I guess I'm thinking for longer term preservation of supply... NOT maximization of supply profits...

Well, I'm happy -- four 10 miles trips today - mixed driving.. 40+mpg for the Jetta gasser off the SG :D If I can do that for my road trip... That's less than 75 gallons for nearly 3000 miles :D

swng 05-01-2007 07:31 PM

I have been paying more than $1.2 for a liter lately. Please see more details here:https://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/gas_prices.

Peakster 05-01-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swng (Post 49830)
I have been paying more than $1.2 for a liter lately.

I remember seeing the prices in Vancouver on TV. Yikes :(! There's virtually no reason to drive a car that has more than 4 cylinders these days.

I find this quote funny:
Quote:

Liberal MP Dan McTeague said the price hike could not have come at a worse moment for Canadians.
"It's not only that they're angry. It comes on the heels of filing their taxes last evening - it comes on the heels of being told that as a result of the hike in gasoline prices mainly interest rates are not going to be coming down - and it also comes on the heels of having to dig a lot deeper into their pockets compared to this time last year," McTeague said.
Cran said his group was surprised the constant price hikes have not led to civil unrest.
"We're probably too nice in Canada," he said.
"We don't see riots. I don't know at what figure Canadians turn nasty."

I think a price that suddenly goes from $1.149 to $2.00+ would see some real civil unrest. $2 a litre would mean almost $80 to fill the Geo. Filling up an ordinary car or suv would just be insane.