Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Friend of Trebuchet (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/friend-of-trebuchet-4236.html)

DrivenByNothing 04-09-2007 10:50 AM

Friend of Trebuchet

Hey all, my name is Matt. I go to school with Trebuchet03. Met him during our freshman year in college. He linked me to this site and has rejuvenated my drive to experiment with automotive efficiency.

Here's my background:
-I have metal fab experience (welding, machining, etc)
-Used to drive a Nissan 240sx (did drifting and whatnot for a bit) and I experimented on it with water injection and a few other techniques.
I've been researching engine technology and alternative fuels here and there since high school.

I currently drive a Jeep Cherokee, but I think I'm gonna sell it and get a better platform for fuel economy. The jeep is great, but it goes against my beliefs to only get 20mpg at best.

I'm majoring in Computer Science and would like to begin fooling around with engine controls. I've got some research ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to it.

I love what you all are doing. Keep it up!

I'm sure you'll become familiar with me in the near future.

Peace,
Matt

trebuchet03 04-09-2007 11:04 AM

holy crap... it's matt P

GasSavers_Red 04-09-2007 11:40 AM

Keep the Jeep, and try and do the impossible 30 MPG :P

Welcome to the board

Hockey4mnhs 04-09-2007 11:54 AM

Welcome to the site

OdieTurbo 04-09-2007 12:05 PM

Hello and welcome! That little engine is neato! I used to have a 5HP West Bend engine, a little 2-stroke we had rigged up to a go-kart. Had many issues with the little clutch so we eventually welded it. Many fun times push starting the thing and trying to get it rolling :D

SVOboy 04-09-2007 12:36 PM

Which school are you two at?

Welcome welcome.

Mehbe one day Ill call upon you to weld for me.

GasSavers_TomO 04-09-2007 12:36 PM

Welcome Aboard! Hope we can help out with your experiments as well as looking forward to your contributions.

cfg83 04-09-2007 01:00 PM

Matt -

Welcome to the site! Since you're a programmer, maybe you can look into the performance aftermarket fuel controller stuff. In addition to the physical mods, I think that taking over the ECU/PCM is probably a sure-fire way to improve MPG.

The ScanGauge will have USB support (datalogging!!!!!!!!!!!) in an up and coming iteration, so save your nickels and dimes for the newer and better one that is in the pipe.

CarloSW2

trebuchet03 04-09-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 46913)
Matt -

The ScanGauge will have USB support (datalogging!!!!!!!!!!!) in an up and coming iteration, so save your nickels and dimes for the newer and better one that is in the pipe.

CarloSW2

I thought version II was upgradeable and already had the port connections (but not the software - yet)?

cfg83 04-09-2007 01:30 PM

trebuchet03 -

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebuchet03 (Post 46918)
I thought version II was upgradeable and already had the port connections (but not the software - yet)?

I could be wrong. I thought the SGII was software upgradeable, but I couldn't "see" the USB port on the pictures (I only have an SGI), so I didn't think it was there.

CarloSW2