Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Standings and Stats: Beginning May 21 (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/standings-and-stats-beginning-may-21-a-4272.html)

brucepick 07-03-2007 07:17 AM

Team Leftover Bananas

This morning's fill:
123.9 mi., 4.149 gal = 29.862 mpg

Ugh. I had to go shopping for a coffee pot which required about 5 stops till I found a decent one.

Peakster 07-12-2007 03:38 PM

First fill in nearly a full month: 280.9 miles travelled, 7.15 gallons used = 39.28 MPG(US)

Not exactly inspiring, but on the plus side, I've only spent $30 in fuel this month (and I should be good until August).

GasSavers_DaX 07-13-2007 04:32 AM

Looks like it might be another 600+ mile tank for me... Currently at 470ish with about 1/8 tank left.

XFi 07-13-2007 12:59 PM

Over 50mpg

Had two fills this week (Wed and Fri). 50.56 and 53.52. The only main difference between them was that I adjusted my timing again. I have been getting some pinging/detonation so I stepped up my octane this fill to see if that helps. I have been keeping all my highway speeds to a max of 55-60mph.

The 53mpg was a personal best for me in the Xtiva.

If 53mpg wasn't a bad fill or a fluke...I should hopefully reproduce that (or more :) ) next tank.

*EDIT* I guess I jumped the gun by saying the timing was the only difference. I have noticed my exhaust getting louder everyday....Well, It finally let go. The down pipe off the exhaust manifold (to cat) just fully seperated. REALLY LOUD NOW! I believe this reduction in exhaust back pressure may have been the mpg increase. It also recently has been having trouble holding a steady idle. This makes sense due to the lack of back pressure. I will not be driving till I put on a new pipe (I have read that running an open exhaust manifold may cause valve damage). Time for some free flowing exhaust??? ;)

ELF 07-14-2007 04:19 PM

I am out, The sable is gone for good. After replacing the motor in my moms windstar, it worked for 2 weeks then the tranny blew:eek:

So were getting rid of the POS and shes now the proud owner of a 00 Sable!
So I am off the slow burn team:( It was fun while it lasted guys!

diamondlarry 07-14-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELF (Post 63596)
I am out, The sable is gone for good. After replacing the motor in my moms windstar, it worked for 2 weeks then the tranny blew:eek:

So were getting rid of the POS and shes now the proud owner of a 00 Sable!
So I am off the slow burn team:( It was fun while it lasted guys!

ELF, sorry to hear that.:( I hope you are able to find a replacement vehicle(very FE friendly of course:) ) quickly and maybe you can rejoin later.

Edit: If there is anyone reading that would like to take ELF's spot, PM me and I'll pass it along to The Commish.

rh77 07-19-2007 02:25 PM

Thread Moving

To keep things organized, the Cycle 2 thread will be closed to make way for a convenient place to post Cycle 3 updates. Feel free to quote anything from this thread.

Good job guys (and sorry to hear about the Sable, ELF :( )

Even though auto-downloads are used for calculations Feel free to post updates to keep the challenge exciting!

Later...

Commish