Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   REx-O-Saurus Lives! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/rex-o-saurus-lives-4432.html)

OdieTurbo 05-01-2007 07:19 AM

Yay! You got it back! It's always nice to get back what's been stolen.

JanGeo 05-01-2007 07:34 AM

Now the next question is did they TAKE ANY OF YOUR GAS?? Probably the more valuable thing in the gas LOL besides the clubs - check the local Golf Clubs and notify them that your clubs were stolen - they sound like local boys that stole your car and maybe you will get lucky and catch them selling your clubs.

mrmad 05-01-2007 08:19 AM

did they TAKE ANY OF YOUR GAS??

They probably drove it a maximum of 5-10 miles, if that. Judging by the inaccurate gas guage, I was on a record tank for mileage (for me anyway, it had 189 miles and 2/3 of a tank left) which will probably be near 48mpg, but we'll see.

eivad1 05-01-2007 10:00 AM

hey mrmad i live over in canyon lake, i got a hf, i went on a record breaking tank, i went to 300 when i hit the half way point, i strained it to the end i thought when i was at 500 on the tank, and being a 10 gallon tank and so below e mark i filled up and it showed 9.8 gallons. i think i could have gone another 50 miles or so, thats with filled up tires and acetone, and thinking about taking off the drivers side mirror if its legal and get a bigger inside mirror

mrmad 05-01-2007 10:22 AM

hey mrmad i live over in canyon lake, i got a hf, i went on a record breaking tank, i went to 300 when i hit the half way point, i strained it to the end i thought when i was at 500 on the tank, and being a 10 gallon tank and so below e mark i filled up and it showed 9.8 gallons. i think i could have gone another 50 miles or so, thats with filled up tires and acetone, and thinking about taking off the drivers side mirror if its legal and get a bigger inside mirror

That's some impressive mileage - how fast do you think you were averaging to get that kind of mileage? I was under the impression that the HF has a smaller tank (~8 gallons) then the standard CRX. I've only had the car acouple months and have been filling it when its near empty on the guage - it's never taken more then 7.5 gallons to fill.

SVOboy 05-01-2007 11:03 AM

10.6 in the HF, 11.9 in the dx and si.

MetroMPG 05-01-2007 11:30 AM

Nice to hear the story end well... or at least "ok" (golf clubs).

cfg83 05-01-2007 01:20 PM

mrmad -

So maybe now you can call yourself mrhappy?

You should totally "Get Smart" your car with layers of theft protection. Make it so that a thief has to go through X number of "firewalls" to get your car to work. By that time the thief will be in cuffs and heading off to the hoosegow.

CarloSW2

eivad1 05-01-2007 06:34 PM

65 on the frwy then when going where the border is n temecula going towards fallbrook i would coast going down the hill and then vice versa going back into temecula, i do shut off the car when coasting, so a few miles here n there, damn 215 people haul a.. but who cares, its my commute car, i take good care of it motor wise.

Bill in Houston 05-01-2007 07:07 PM

MrMad, it seems like you could make a fuel injector cutout one of your mods, and kill 2 bird with one stone. Easy EOC and harder to steal.