Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   New Car!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/new-car-4465.html)

red91sit 05-05-2007 05:57 PM

New Car!!

I've been having more and more troubles with the Lincoln lately, and finally decided it was time to just give up on it.

My friend had this car for sale for REAL cheap. So I did what any good man would do and saved it from the hands of a woman driver lol. It's got a newish "Ford Renewal" (whatever that means) engine in it. It runs REAL nice, and according to everyone who owns one of these cars gets upwards of 30 mpg, which would be simply amazing!

https://www.freewebs.com/red91sit/purplecar/frontlow.jpg

It has a 2.0L automatic, a drag c/o of .31, quite good If i may say so myself. Weighs around 2600 lbs. My first modifications after establishing a baseline will be an underbody, and then rear wheel well covers.

It's got a few little problems, It was involved in a rollover before I purchased it, so there is broken glass EVERYWHERE. The roll over also ripped the fiberglass part of the roof up a little, definetly hurting the aerodynamics. When it was upside down, the battery fell into the hood, and shorted out welding a battery tab to the hood as well as burning the paint off in that spot, and spraying a bit of battery acid under the bonnet.

Just thought i would share my excitement of the new more efficient vehicle!

Peakster 05-05-2007 06:21 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Yay!

How will this affect your contribution to team Feast & Famine (aka, will you have to establish a baseline AND and tank before the 42 days are over, or will you just keep driving the Lincoln until the first phase is done)?

Just be sure not to get into a car crash with it ;):

Attachment 449Attachment 450Attachment 451Attachment 452

XFi 05-05-2007 06:40 PM

Boy, that thing crumbles like a Metro or Festiva :)

zpiloto 05-05-2007 06:46 PM

Looks nice and you just cut your gas bill in half. Whoot:D

Hockey4mnhs 05-05-2007 08:18 PM

GOOD lUCK

red91sit 05-05-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 50224)
It's almost a Tempo! :thumbup:

Indeed, it's like a bubblier Tempo? I'm really liking it so far. The drag c/o is what really floats my boat, .31 is definetly a good starting point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto (Post 50217)
Looks nice and you just cut your gas bill in half. Whoot:D

Well thank you, I took the bra off today, and I think it actually looks even better with out it! Not bad considering it was in a rollover haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFi (Post 50216)
Boy, that thing crumbles like a Metro or Festiva :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakster (Post 50208)
Yay!

How will this affect your contribution to team Feast & Famine (aka, will you have to establish a baseline AND and tank before the 42 days are over, or will you just keep driving the Lincoln until the first phase is done)?

Just be sure not to get into a car crash with it ;):

Oh my, that's a little bit of a scary picture report. I consider myself a safe driver though, so Hopefully I wont' have to test any of those out.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do for the Competition. I think I'll be driving both cars for a while, (making the champion into a convertible for summer) So I can just continue to use it for competition. The new car still measures as full, so I'mi thinking it's goign to take a lot longer before I'll have to fill it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs (Post 50234)
GOOD lUCK

Thank you!

ELF 05-06-2007 08:11 AM

Time to put "The Champion" out to pasture eh? Good for you! you will be using much less gas.

repete86 05-06-2007 12:15 PM

What's strange is that according to the EPA, your emissions will only be slightly improved. It looks like a good candidate for an additional catalytic converter.

red91sit 05-06-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete86 (Post 50302)
What's strange is that according to the EPA, your emissions will only be slightly improved. It looks like a good candidate for an additional catalytic converter.

Not true, the Champions catalytic convertors had blown out a long time ago, and were stuck in variuos places of the exhaust system, blocking somewhere between 50-80% of the flow. The contours is still functioning :D