Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Moving? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/moving-4528.html)

landspeed 05-12-2007 03:17 PM

Moving?

Hi!

What are the rules on moving in the FE challenge? Specifically, if someone moves to the other side of the world, permanently (almost certainly), and then gets another car, with the intention of bringing over their original car in the next few months?

Mainly because the new car they got would be 'untested' as far as earlier FE challenge results go.

red91sit 05-12-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landspeed (Post 51143)
Hi!

What are the rules on moving in the FE challenge? Specifically, if someone moves to the other side of the world, permanently (almost certainly), and then gets another car, with the intention of bringing over their original car in the next few months?

Mainly because the new car they got would be 'untested' as far as earlier FE challenge results go.

from the FE Team Challenge V.2 RuleBook...

Quote:

If a newly-acquired vehicle replaces and existing one, the driver must fill after 3.00 gallons and before 5.00 gallons to establish a base. During this time, the driving techniques used must be those for the best FE. This also is an honor system. Driving inefficiently for the purpose of establishing a low baseline is considered unethical.
I would imagine this is what you would want to do, and then you can go back to your other car when you get it? I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure someone who knows better will chime in :D

zpiloto 05-12-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red91sit (Post 51145)
from the FE Team Challenge V.2 RuleBook...

I would imagine this is what you would want to do, and then you can go back to your other car when you get it? I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure someone who knows better will chime in :D

That's right the only tricky part is that if you have a different car your team still needs to qualify with all the cars types listed in the rules and you would need a min fill of 3 gallons in one of the cars not including setting the base for the new car during the 42 day cycle.

Other side of the world, where ya moving to?

landspeed 05-14-2007 01:22 PM

New Zealand, most likely (still waiting to see if it will go ahead)

zpiloto 05-14-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landspeed (Post 51283)
New Zealand, most likely (still waiting to see if it will go ahead)

You will have live in two places I really want to visit.:thumbup:

landspeed 05-15-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto (Post 51288)
You will have live in two places I really want to visit.:thumbup:

One of the things I like about NZ is the fact people are very much into reducing emissions / being environmentally friendly etc!. On 'trademe.co.nz', the equivalent of ebay.co.uk, there are pages of Priuses (or Prii) for sale, whereas in the UK, there are usually far fewer for sale. And given that NZ has a much smaller population than the UK, the difference in numbers of these cars for sale is even more extreme!.

If I decide to stay, I will aim to build / convert my house to be fully sustainable, with a wind turbine / heat pump / solar panels / solar cells :). I would also like to buy a $50 car and convert it to electric, using solar panels mounted around my house to charge it, and use it for a lot of my commuting!

landspeed 05-27-2007 01:31 PM

Right - it looks like Bluey will make another cycle before going into storage!

My next car may will be a 2.0 DOHC Turbo (gasoline) Bluebird - if I can afford it and I can get the car on arrival. I will post up here when I know what is happening :) Also, the original 'Bluey' will return in the future, maybe after being shipped halfway around the world, but we will see what happens!

landspeed 09-09-2007 01:24 AM

OK, new car added - gaslog entries to be added later.

I want this to be my new FETC challenge car - what do I do?. I have 2 tanks already recorded, but will post these later on. Will I use the first tank as the base, compared to the second tank?.

I will add the EPA (or equivalent) MPG figures later. This is my first chance to go online since arriving since gassavers.org is blocked on the proxy server at work :(