Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   First RSX? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/first-rsx-4590.html)

bbgobie 05-21-2007 05:42 AM

First RSX?

Searched the Garage and didn't see any Acura RSX's. There were a few of the older Integras. So I'm either the first, or the only current one I guess.

Just switched to the RSX from a Corolla and its a lot more fun to drive. Looks like I'm gonna get about 33mpg from my first full tank of gas so I'm not really losing any mileage from my boring econobox to my more fun econobox.

I won't be winning any challenges cause I do enjoy the occasional spirited driving, and my RSX does double duty on the weekends hauling my bike gear around.

Joined, because who doesnt enjoy saving a bit of gas?!?

OdieTurbo 05-21-2007 07:22 AM

Welcome to the site! I just got rid of a 2005 Civic Si (the RSX's little brother). Very fun to drive, but yes, not that great on gas!

Hockey4mnhs 05-21-2007 08:36 AM

niiiiice car my friend has the rsx s and its hella fast not to great on fe tho itl be cool to see what it can do fe wise

bbgobie 05-21-2007 09:04 AM

It's all relative I guess.
I think you gotta have a little fun in life. Thank god you guys don't make up the majority of the car buying population or the daily commute would be quite boring.
;)

MetroMPG 05-21-2007 09:54 AM

Boring? Well, that's a matter of perception. ;)

I think you've already started to see that some folks here turn their commute into a challenge that is anything but boring. It's either a personal challenge or, as you saw, a team-based effort to hone driving technique and mod/tune their cars for max MPG.

Welcome to the site!

Bill in Houston 05-21-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbgobie (Post 52115)
or the daily commute would be quite boring.
;)

Yeah, not enough carnage, eh? :-)

UfoTofU 05-21-2007 10:16 AM

Welcome to the site.

I've always liked the RSX. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

bbgobie 05-21-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 52117)
Boring? Well, that's a matter of perception. ;)

I think you've already started to see that some folks here turn their commute into a challenge that is anything but boring. It's either a personal challenge or, as you saw, a team-based effort to hone driving technique and mod/tune their cars for max MPG.

Welcome to the site!

I have noticed the challenges you guys make yourself. I prefer a little different game. Very interesting site though. Some crazy stuff here. :eek:

Peakster 05-21-2007 11:57 AM

*Jealous* I really like the RSXs. Too bad even a used 2002 model in my area sells for around $23,000 :(, too rich for my blood.

Bill in Houston 05-21-2007 12:02 PM

I like to pretend that my Element is a ginormous RSX station wagon, since I think that they have the same or similar engine and maybe some other derivative stuff...