Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Had a good week (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/had-a-good-week-4633.html)

brucepick 05-25-2007 01:20 PM

Had a good week

Had a good week.
Wed a.m. fillup was 29.03 mpg over 365 mi.
Fri. a.m. fillup was 30.69 mpg over 234 mi.
EPA highway was 24 (old version) so I'm doing well.
I've had better tanks but just topoffs really, these are longer tanks.

It's definitely running and gliding better after recent work... Of course I have more planned; I need to finish up the airdam and get on to side and fender pants for Sven. He doesn't want skirts.

Also I hope to have my own camera within the next couple weeks so I'll be able to post pics more easily.

This past Sunday I gave my car the Seafoam treatment.
First sucked water via a vacuum hose, at about 3K rpm.
Then sucked in a bottle of Seafoam via vacuum hose also at 3K rpm.
Allowed it to stall per bottle instructions.
Then went out for a "rev fest" per "Chinese water torture" on turbobricks.com
First time I ever had that car up near redline. Boy it sure screams when you do. I did see some nasty dark junk blow out the tailpipe in rearview mirror.
Followed by an oil change.

Then this past Thursday morning I cut off some protruding material on my air dam extension. About a 4 inch square piece of plywood sticking out sideways on each side of air dam; I just hadn't gotten around to trimming it off earlier.

rh77 05-25-2007 02:26 PM

Seafoam

Yup, the seafoam treatment is a great excuse to hit the redline -- The neighbors always ask if I blew the motor with the the clouds of white smoke, but as you know it goes away and the carbon cleanse usually cleans-up the valve clatter.

RH77

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucepick (Post 52793)
Had a good week.
Wed a.m. fillup was 29.03 mpg over 365 mi.
Fri. a.m. fillup was 30.69 mpg over 234 mi.
EPA highway was 24 (old version) so I'm doing well.
I've had better tanks but just topoffs really, these are longer tanks.

It's definitely running and gliding better after recent work... Of course I have more planned; I need to finish up the airdam and get on to side and fender pants for Sven. He doesn't want skirts.

Also I hope to have my own camera within the next couple weeks so I'll be able to post pics more easily.

This past Sunday I gave my car the Seafoam treatment.
First sucked water via a vacuum hose, at about 3K rpm.
Then sucked in a bottle of Seafoam via vacuum hose also at 3K rpm.
Allowed it to stall per bottle instructions.
Then went out for a "rev fest" per "Chinese water torture" on turbobricks.com
First time I ever had that car up near redline. Boy it sure screams when you do. I did see some nasty dark junk blow out the tailpipe in rearview mirror.
Followed by an oil change.

Then this past Thursday morning I cut off some protruding material on my air dam extension. About a 4 inch square piece of plywood sticking out sideways on each side of air dam; I just hadn't gotten around to trimming it off earlier.

Hockey4mnhs 05-25-2007 09:57 PM

i know how ya feel my mpg went up 2 and i was so excited. it should go up more because i just fixed a flat and oil change also a new air filter.