Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Im Excited Im getting a 1992 Civic VX!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/im-excited-im-getting-a-1992-civic-vx-4670.html)

panamacolin 05-29-2007 12:47 PM

Im Excited Im getting a 1992 Civic VX!!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone!
This is great site and I have been lurking for a couple weeks now. I recently graduated from college (5 months ago) and have been doing odd jobs, building decks and being a handy man. But now I feel I need to get a "real job" and use my college degree.

My current car is a 1983 Mercedes 300d Turbo Diesel. Great car, that I have put alot of work into and have really learned alot working on. I am thinking of selling it though because it needs some more attention and I dont know if I want to invest the type of money that it would take to make it what I want it to be, so I am thinking of selling it and buying 1992 civic vx. I found one in nice shape for a great price $1900.00 it has had arecent O2 sensor change, new distributor, plugs and wires, new exhaust, new tires, freshly charged A/C the car is clean rust free. It does have a small ding above the right rear wheel well but I think I could fix this pretty easily. My mercedes gets between 23-27 mpg in any driving condition fast or slow city or highway. This car is indestructible but I dont have A/C and it leaks a little oil like most older diesels. I dont want to leave oil spots in my new place of employment whereever it may be.

In the past I have owned a 1991 Accord EX which I sold because the rear main seal was leaking and I didnt want to put the money into fix it. I then purchased a 1991 Civic SI a fast hatchback that I loved besides it being red. I got alot of tickets in this car and sold it because all the cops in my area knew who I was. Now that I drive the old benz I have never been pulled over, I have had it for about 3 years now and I am older and done speeding for the most part.

I love hatchbacks and love that this car gets such awsome mileage. Any tips you guys could provide to a new VX owner would be appreciated. I cant pick the car up till the 11th of june because the owner needs the car till he leaves the country.

heres a pic of the car...The teal is not the best color but I like it much better than red...

Thanks in advance!

XFi 05-29-2007 12:53 PM

Wow, nice shape. Don't see the typical rust in the rear 1/4s that is prevelant in most. :)

Welcome to the site.

Hockey4mnhs 05-29-2007 03:53 PM

damn i would cry if i found that car

jadziasman 05-29-2007 04:05 PM

VX envy is everywhere when gas gets near $4

Unbelieveable find. A steal even. VX's in that condition routinely grab $3000 today.

How many miles on this VX? It looks like it never saw snow.

I had a teal VX for ten years - lousy color but who cares.

I have my fingers crossed for you. If I were you right now, I would be unable to sleep until I had the title in hand.

paid4 05-29-2007 04:06 PM

I had to do a double-take. That looks just like my 92 Si minus some trim and those awesome vx wheels. Great find!

panamacolin 05-29-2007 08:02 PM

looks like I may not get the car..the guy told me he is selling it someone else unless they decline it....im about to cry...well not really just super pissed off!

SVOboy 05-29-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panamacolin (Post 53348)
looks like I may not get the car..the guy told me he is selling it someone else unless they decline it....im about to cry...well not really just super pissed off!

What a wanka! I would whine at him hardcore.

GasSavers_Ryland 05-29-2007 08:19 PM

offer him more money, it's worth it.

mrmad 05-29-2007 08:27 PM

Unless it has some really high mileage (like over 250K) it is easily worth $2500, if not more. If you have it, definetly offer him more. Money talks.

Bill in Houston 05-30-2007 08:22 AM

Show up on his doorstep with 22 $100 bills, and see if he dares turn you down.