Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   New Members! Tell us about yourself! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-members-tell-us-about-yourself-4712.html)

Matt Timion 05-31-2007 01:12 PM

New Members! Tell us about yourself!

Lots of new members today.. where did you find out about GasSavers? What kind of vehicle do you drive?

ladyaymz 05-31-2007 02:01 PM

i read an article on the web...got really interested...i've been haivng daydreams abotu how the hell to reduce gas comsumption...i drive so much!
I drive a toyota corolla (2005). I'm gonna try to coast more (as the article suggested). Any other suggestions?

ladyaymz 05-31-2007 02:01 PM

oh, yeah...that car is so cute!

GasSavers_PyroZ28 05-31-2007 03:25 PM

msn.com article about getting 50mpg OUT OF MY CAR!!! My 5.7L LS1 is impressive with its 6 speed transmission but a personal best of 28mpg made me snicker and atleast see what I might be able to get...

I have a 93 Subaru Impreza 1.8L 5 speed AWD wagon that gets 30mpg and maybe more if i didn't beat it so much... Hello ;)

SVOboy 05-31-2007 03:27 PM

That MSN money article is quite the boon for things, hopefully more people will start to wake up to the issue. Makes me wanna work on my own site...

Welcome everyone!

nilakicha 05-31-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 53808)
Lots of new members today.. where did you find out about GasSavers? What kind of vehicle do you drive?

Hey, Im Nilanka, newcomer to this website, and to the whole concept hyper miling. I drive a 2004 Honda Civic Exi 4 Door Sedan - no modifications, Running on 16/55/205 tired, & on Mobil 1 -0-40W fully synthetic oil.

Ive been struggling to improve mileage for quite some time. Our readings are measured in Km per Liter, and at the moments gives 8-9 Km/L in the city and 11-12 outside. Friends mention gaining 10-11 in the city, so im struggling to get the same figures :) hope this site and its members will be helpful in helping to improve.
Oh yeah - bumped into this site cos of the article on MSN. :)

Cheers

Matt Timion 05-31-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilakicha (Post 53972)
Hey, Im Nilanka, newcomer to this website, and to the whole concept hyper miling. I drive a 2004 Honda Civic Exi 4 Door Sedan - no modifications, Running on 16/55/205 tired, & on Mobil 1 -0-40W fully synthetic oil.

Ive been struggling to improve mileage for quite some time. Our readings are measured in Km per Liter, and at the moments gives 8-9 Km/L in the city and 11-12 outside. Friends mention gaining 10-11 in the city, so im struggling to get the same figures :) hope this site and its members will be helpful in helping to improve.
Oh yeah - bumped into this site cos of the article on MSN. :)

Cheers

welcome nilakicha..

I'm working on a new version of the garage that will allow you to enter your fuel in liters and kilometers... hopefully that will encourage you to track your fuel economy and compare with other members :)

boofighter 06-01-2007 05:51 AM

found this site from grassroots motor sports. that is a great community, they have a huge group of people that know a lot.
i live is edmonton, alberta. i am a youth pastor (look after and run a youth program at my church.
i drive a sunfire, with an auto and i hope to get better millage.