Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   I want to compare my TDI to my Excursion (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/i-want-to-compare-my-tdi-to-my-excursion-478.html)

chriswmos 07-07-2010 02:57 AM

I want to compare my TDI to my Excursion

I want to compare my TDI to my Excursion

I am tracking my TDI on Fuelly but I'd like to see how much I'm saving compared to my Excursion.
Something as simple as an extra field for the mileage your "other" vehicle gets. That way Fuelly could compare the two to see how much fuel and money I'm saving.
I did a search but wasn't able to find anything.
thanks in advance for any help

chriswmos 07-07-2010 02:58 AM

Maybe this is something Fuelly.com could add :)

pb 07-07-2010 03:00 AM

Do you see all of your vehicles on your Dashboard? That should give you an overview of how your vehicles are doing.

chriswmos 07-07-2010 03:13 AM

I don't track my other vehicles at all. I only have 1 and its the Excursion that gets 12 - 13 mpg... so I don't really want to track that haha plus, since I got the TDI I very rarely drive the Excursion because I drive 30 miles one way to work everyday the excursion was killing me

chriswmos 07-07-2010 03:15 AM

plus what I'm looking to do it compare the two to see that I drove 601 miles in the TDI and it was 14.044 gallons to fill it up. The same number of miles would have taken XX gallons at $XX per gallon therefor I saved XX gallons and $XX dollars

pb 07-07-2010 04:48 AM

You might take a look at the Avg Price/Mile on your TDI and compare it with Ford Excursions like yours in the system. Find one from the same year that's getting similar mileage to yours and get the Avg Price/Mile there and then do the math on your trip.

chriswmos 07-07-2010 05:23 AM

Thanks pb... I can easily figure what I am wanting to know BUT I think it would be a cool added feature in Fuelly.

I have driven 2,308 miles and spent $158.09 in fuel in the TDI

if I take the avg mpg that my Excursion gets (by using the on board mpg numbers in the factory gauge) of 13 mpg I would have used about 177 gallons of gasoline. so 177 gallons at lets say $2.50 a gallon that would be about $442.50 in gasoline.

$442.50 - $158.09 = is a savings of $284.41

I think it would be cool for Fuelly to do all that for you.

BDC 07-07-2010 05:26 AM

How would you know how much money and fuel you're saving driving your VW compared to your Excursion, if you don't want to track the fuel and money you're using with your Excursion... you are missing one half of the equation.

chriswmos 07-08-2010 12:16 AM

That doesn't even make sence. I cant drive both at the same time. I want to say I save x dollars and x gallons by driving the tdi instead of the excursion. Maybe that will make more sence

pb 07-08-2010 01:24 AM

BDC is just saying that if you don't track the fuel economy you get with the Excursion, all you can do is estimate based on what others are getting.

I completely understand what you're after. I'm not sure it's quite right for Fuelly right now, but we'll keep it in mind as we add new features down the road. In the meantime you can break out a calculator.