Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid Vehicles (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   Honda: fuel economy "like a Smart car" for 4-pass 2009 dedicated hybrid (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f35/honda-fuel-economy-like-a-smart-car-for-4-pass-2009-dedicated-hybrid-4845.html)

MetroMPG 06-06-2007 08:06 AM

Honda: fuel economy "like a Smart car" for 4-pass 2009 dedicated hybrid

In an article about the demise of the hybrid accord, executive VP of Honda Canada says:

Quote:

In a couple of years, Honda will also launch an entirely new hybrid that is smaller than the Civic. The ideal is "to bring a hybrid to the market in a form that gives you the interior space of a compact vehicle, but in more affordable packaging," Mr. Miller said.

The new vehicle will hold four passengers, but have fuel consumption comparable to the two-passenger Smart car from Mercedes-Benz.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ry/Technology/

Of course they don't say which version of the Smart - the 2008 gas, or current diesel ;)

O

Bill in Houston 06-06-2007 08:52 AM

I would hope that it would do BETTER than the Smart... It will be great to see what they come up with...

SVOboy 06-06-2007 09:26 AM

I've been talking about this thing forever (Since honda has), I guessed that's why they axed the accord, to make way.

kickflipjr 06-06-2007 10:18 AM

fit hybrid? or something else?

Well if it uses a similar engine to the insight it will have no problems beating the new smart.

MetroMPG 06-06-2007 10:20 AM

They axed the hybrid Accord because they'll be selling a diesel Accord in the next year or 2.

And I realized the news of the dedicated hybrid wasn't new, but this is the first mention I've read anywhere of its FE potential.

kick: it's supposed to be a brand new hybrid-only model, not a hybrid version of an existing model.

SVOboy 06-06-2007 10:25 AM

Oh yeah, the accord diesel, I forgot! Silly me. Any new news on that? The 2ndgen FCX comes out in new york and cali next year as well, :p

GasSavers_Ryland 06-06-2007 07:12 PM

I'm just waiting for them to make an updated N600, after all they started making the S2000 a few years back (hondas S360, S500 and S600 sports cars were little two seaters) and the Mini cooper seems to be a popular car (any one here?) so with the whole retro/mini car theam, I think it could work.

budomove 06-08-2007 08:55 AM

yeah, accord diesel is still slated for '09 last i heard.

cfg83 06-08-2007 11:54 PM

kickflipjr -

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr (Post 55466)
fit hybrid? or something else?

Well if it uses a similar engine to the insight it will have no problems beating the new smart.

A Fit Hybrid is what I thought when I read this. I heard that the next gen Fit would offer a "Working Joe's hybrid", aka more affordable. I heard that it would get the Honda Insight drivetrain. This was all rumor mill, of course. I probably read it here.

From what I hear, the Honda Fit is already "undersold" in the USA. I heard that Honda won't let the dealers jack up the price, so they don't like to sell it (no profit for them).

CarloSW2

Matt Timion 06-09-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 56133)
From what I hear, the Honda Fit is already "undersold" in the USA. I heard that Honda won't let the dealers jack up the price, so they don't like to sell it (no profit for them).

CarloSW2

That's what the dealer told me when i wanted to buy my Fit.

psyshack 06-09-2007 08:11 AM

The dealers can jack up the price and do whatever they want. Problem is Fit wont sell for a higher price. And don't let a lieing dealer tell you they aren't making money on the sale of a car. Thats pure *ucking BS. The salesman or lady may not be raking it in. But the Boss in the back room is counting it all the way to the bank. And this is the person the idiot salesman should be *****ing to. And you can darn well bet Honda is making money on everything it builds. Or they don't build it.

Just treat car dealers like the scum of the earth they are. Get your best price then beat on the hoe's some more. If they don't like it tell them to change careers to something honest and worth while.

psy

XFi 06-09-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyshack (Post 56189)
The dealers can jack up the price and do whatever they want. Problem is Fit wont sell for a higher price. And don't let a lieing dealer tell you they aren't making money on the sale of a car. Thats pure *ucking BS. The salesman or lady may not be raking it in. But the Boss in the back room is counting it all the way to the bank. And this is the person the idiot salesman should be *****ing to. And you can darn well bet Honda is making money on everything it builds. Or they don't build it.

Just treat car dealers like the scum of the earth they are. Get your best price then beat on the hoe's some more. If they don't like it tell them to change careers to something honest and worth while.

psy

Wow! Don't sugar coat it next time...just tell it like it is. ;)

Hi, my name is XFi...and I am a recovering car salesman. :)

Silveredwings 06-09-2007 08:42 AM

XFi, what was your knickname?

As I understand it, it's that sales manager in the back who cracks the whip on the salesmen and teaches them the sales methods used. With a few variations, I find that most dealerships pretty much use the same tactics. If you learn what they are, they won't seem nearly so frustrating as a buyer. You'll simply know what to expect. It also makes it easier to spot those variations.

cfg83 06-09-2007 10:52 AM

Matt -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 56173)
That's what the dealer told me when i wanted to buy my Fit.

Ha ha. I think I read it from one of your postings!

CarloSW2