Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   People Powered (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Got a bike trailer for my daughter (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f19/got-a-bike-trailer-for-my-daughter-4848.html)

jwxr7 06-06-2007 08:57 AM

Got a bike trailer for my daughter

Last weekend I finally broke down and bought one. It's a little enclosed trailer that can haul up to two 50lb kids behind a bike. It has a cool hitch reciever type system. I fabed up a second hitch mount for my wife's bike so we can switch back and forth if one of us gets tired. Got it at walmart for $77 :thumbup: .
Now we can ride as a family. Or I can ride alone with it and hit yard sales and come home with it fully loaded:D . I haven't ridden much since our daughter was born a year ago, hopefully that can change now. Too bad I'm so out of shape now:o .

Silveredwings 06-06-2007 09:01 AM

...or you can sell it in a year at your own yard sale (from lack of use). :D

Gary Palmer 06-06-2007 09:02 AM

Well, load that little bugger up with a big pile of rocks and start peddeling. You can get yourself back in shape, in no time.

jwxr7 06-06-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveredwings (Post 55433)
...or you can sell it in a year at your own yard sale (from lack of use). :D

Or I could convert it to a flatbed for haul'in stuff. kind of like metro made:) .

MetroMPG 06-06-2007 09:04 AM

I read the title and thought: "Good! She can pull the groceries home from the store behind her bike!"

Then I realized you were going to pull her in the trailer.

:D

A quick excercise in low speed aerodynamics: if your trailer sides/top fold down flat like my brother's kiddie trailer does, try pulling it (empty) in both configurations. You can easily notice the extra effort just from the bad aero when it's deployed vs stowed, at very low speeds (like 10-15 mph).

bbgobie 06-06-2007 09:28 AM

How bout towing your metro with it?
:p

Reminds me of the paper boy job i had when i was a kid!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxr7 (Post 55438)
Or I could convert it to a flatbed for haul'in stuff. kind of like metro made:) .

jwxr7 06-06-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

How bout towing your metro with it?
That would be a good way to get in shape. I bet I could pull my metro with my mountain bike for a little ways:) . It would also raise my mpg for that tank on my metro.

MetroMPG 06-06-2007 10:05 AM

I have wanted to try pulling my car with my bike for some time now... :) Great minds... (Addled minds?)

It would be easy until that first little uphill bit.

jwxr7 06-06-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 55459)
I have wanted to try pulling my car with my bike for some time now... :) Great minds... (Addled minds?)

It would be easy until that first little uphill bit.

The hard part is trying to convince someone to sit in it to steer;) .

bbgobie 06-06-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxr7 (Post 55483)
The hard part is trying to convince someone to sit in it to steer;) .

Or the first time you have to stop it... Can you say Metro Pancake?
:eek: