Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   How Much Is Very Clean 93 Dx Hatch Worth? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/how-much-is-very-clean-93-dx-hatch-worth-4882.html)

panamacolin 06-08-2007 12:11 PM

How Much Is Very Clean 93 Dx Hatch Worth?

10 Attachment(s)
HI,

Just trying to figure out how much a clean 93 Dx hatch is worth. The only thing wrong with it cosmetically is it has a tiny ding in drivers side door, no paint missing. The drivers side seat has a rip in the bolster and the rear drivers side wheel arch has a tiny bit of surface rust maybe 2 inches long by 1 inch high..I would get this fixed at a body shop if I bought the car.

Besides that this is the cleanest hatch I have ever seen. He is asking 3150.00 with some 17" wheels but I dont think I want them im going to get the car with the stock wheels. The car sleeps in the garage, the guy owns 4 cars.

The only thing I dont like is the mileage 177k on it.

Check out these pictures this car is clean!

panamacolin 06-08-2007 12:12 PM

8 Attachment(s)
couple more pictures..

panamacolin 06-08-2007 12:14 PM

No way im going to pay 3150...I was thinking 2700 range am I off?

SVOboy 06-08-2007 12:15 PM

Eh, the mileage is fine. Give him/her 2500 tops? No rust is a big sell...Check KBB though.

GasSavers_TomO 06-08-2007 12:33 PM

That rust is going to need to be cut out and a new repair panel welded in. Unfortunately, that spot on the civics rusts from the inside out. Plus there is more rust underneath of it. I wouldn't pay more than $2500 with the stock wheels.

thisisntjared 06-08-2007 01:24 PM

i am in the market for another car and i wouldnt pay more than 1.7k for it.

panamacolin 06-08-2007 01:47 PM

how do you figure 1.7...i think thats absurdly low

SVOboy 06-08-2007 01:51 PM

He knows the real value of honda parts, :P

If it were me I would try to buy a shell for 300 and get the drivetrain for 100 tops and have myself a car complete for less than 1000, :p

jadziasman 06-08-2007 03:50 PM

The rust may not be a real serious problem. My red VX needed the typical Honda rust cut out and I have repaired it with Bondo, fiberglass window screen material, galvanized "chicken wire" and a solid galvanized steel strap to form the new bottom lip of the wheel well. Some of you may not be aware but there is an underbody beneath the outer skin of the car. It provides support for repairs such as mine. Two years later it's still holding up very nicely. I'm not saying it will last forever or that I miraculously put any future rust to sleep. It doesn't look really pretty but it's not as bad as some butcher jobs I've seen. Some guys won't even sand or paint the Bondo they slap on their poor cars. If anyone is interested in viewing a couple of images of my repairs, I will learn how to upload them.

Over $3K for the CX is too much. The seller really should not be asking for more than $2K for a CX with that many miles and visible rust. I paid $1400 for my 92 VX in Sept 05 with 126K miles, it needed some minor work but after the cosmetic repairs I did it was not more than $2K altogether. And I did have to put a new A/C compressor in since it was taken out and not replaced but everything else was still there.

Colin, you are probably better off to find a newer Civic if you are willing to spend $3300. Keep looking. BTW what are you driving now? I don't recall if you mentioned it.

I have the 92 VX, a 99 Buick LeSabre for long trips, and a 2000 Chrysler Voyager that my wife drives. I've had to work on every one of them. If only new cars weren't so damn expensive........and if I had gone to medical school like I should have. Hindsight is golden!

jadziasman 06-08-2007 03:57 PM

Sorry I meant DX, not CX. I wrote so much I didn't remember what car it was! Still not worth more than $2K - mpg not as good as CX or VX