Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   What's in a name? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/whats-in-a-name-4976.html)

OdieTurbo 06-13-2007 07:38 AM

What's in a name?

Had some thoughts about our names here on GasSavers:
  • What does your name on GasSavers mean?
  • Why did you name your car what you did?
  • What is the pic in your Avatar? What does it mean?
  • What does your quote in your sig mean?

I might as well start!
  • OdieTurbo - "Odie" was a nickname I earned in college way back in 1990, I was always happy! "Turbo" got tacked on when I bought an '85 Camaro that I souped up.
  • The_Last_SL1 - Simply the fact that the 2002 is the last model year for the Saturn SL1. The underscores are there because as a programmer, I tend to remove all spaces from field and variable names!
  • Avatar - It's a picture of the Master Chief, the protaganist from the Halo Xbox games (see next line).
  • Finish the Fight! Halo 3, September 25, 2007! - I'm a HUGE fan of the Halo Xbox game series, the 3rd installment comes out in September.

How about the rest of you?

SVOboy 06-13-2007 07:40 AM

SVOboy comes from 9th grade and wanting to run SVO in a VW Rabbit, it was my first forum handle in VWVortex.

The CRX's name is just an advertisement, :p

Hockey4mnhs 06-13-2007 07:56 AM

hockey4mnhs is who i play hockey for
my cars name well you will have to ask honda on that one
im not to creative when it comes to stuff like this

slurp812 06-13-2007 09:27 AM

Slurp812 is derived from just plain old Slurp!! My original commodore 64 computer nick..
Well my car is just a plain old black accord coupe. Mosr are 4 doors, mine only has 2 so its fairly unique...

No quote, no avatar YET!

GasSavers_Red 06-13-2007 09:45 AM

Red came from my first car in highschool. A bright red 95 caravan, the only one of its kind in the lot. I was easy to find :)

TJ is the factory designation for my Jeep.

Avatar is from the one and only time I took the hard top off.

GasSavers_TomO 06-13-2007 10:38 AM

TomO is my name, Tom O'Connor (very creative I know, but everyone calls me TomO anyways)

Thrifty McGasSaver is just a fun name I came up with for my car.

My avatar pic is the name of the car group I'm affiliated with (Local Import Group)

GasSavers_DaX 06-13-2007 10:57 AM

Dax = long time nickname / handle. I used to DJ under the guise of "dax". I have it tattooed on my back. To be honest, I think it was a case of mistaken identity that stuck. :)

The Beater = very descriptive of the Civic.

The current avatar is the icon Honda came up with for the Beat. I colored it red to match the Beat that I owned.

MnFocus 06-13-2007 12:10 PM

Obviously I am from Minnesota an' I drive a Focus ,but if you say it like you sound it out: aM iN Focus ...

jadziasman 06-13-2007 12:33 PM

(wife's nickname)sman

Free contest - what's my wife's formal name and how did you know this? :D

I'd like to get some wild guesses followed by the correct answer later tonight.

No cheating doing a google search (too easy) unless you just have to know and if you do find out this way please don't post the answer - thanks.

omgwtfbyobbq 06-13-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 57189)
SVOboy comes from 9th grade and wanting to run SVO in a VW Rabbit, it was my first forum handle in VWVortex.

You just made me feel so freiken old. :(