Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Our junkyard continues to grow (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/our-junkyard-continues-to-grow-5003.html)

atomicradish 06-14-2007 11:40 AM

Our junkyard continues to grow

I posted awhile back about getting a Mitsubishi Galant for free. Well we finally found another vehicle to help fix it up, for $200. Only problem with this car is that the timing belt is broke, but the transmission and all works. Also going to use it to replace the back glass and some interior parts on the black one.

In other news, a man who we've been in contact in with for almost a year appears to be ready to give us his two Geo Metros. I'm not sure if they actually work or not, but between the FIVE of them that we would then have, I'm sure we could make something happen ;)

Anyone else here with a bad habit of collecting up on cars? If we get these two Metros, we'll have 11 vehicles... it's getting rather hard to park them all in our driveway.

SVOboy 06-14-2007 11:48 AM

I would love to collect cars like that...but they just don't seem to fall into my hands, :(

ron22 06-14-2007 11:56 AM

A few years ago I had the collecting habit. After a while I decided to enter the "running" ones into demolition derbys. That pretty much cleared the back yard. Wife and neighbours are happy since I stoped collecting. If only I had the place to store them I would have a few more.

omgwtfbyobbq 06-14-2007 01:15 PM

Ditto!

UfoTofU 06-14-2007 03:21 PM

I'd like to collect them......but don't have anywhere to put them.

I'd love to have a little collection of CRXs.

XFi 06-14-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicradish (Post 57634)
Anyone else here with a bad habit of collecting up on cars?

Trying to break the habit myself. I am recovering, but my Parents house is only minutes from mine and has such a nice big driveway and garage :) I don't know what 'step' of recovery I am on, but that driveway is definately an 'enabler'. ;)

repete86 06-14-2007 04:01 PM

I wish that I saved my old Tercel. That was a car worth collecting.

VetteOwner 06-14-2007 04:30 PM

lol we currently have 6 cars for 3 people... about to get another maybe...
a guy near me has like 6 or 7 chevy and geo trackers. all years too!. they all run and he has a wide enough driveway that he turned it into a diagnal parking lot looks kidna funny that theres 7 of the same thing lined up perfectly

atomicradish 06-14-2007 10:26 PM

That is the great thing about living in the rural mountains. No neighbors, just land to park vehicles.

A tip for those looking to collect cars - look around. When driving, if you notice a car that has grass grown up around it, it has likely been parked and you can get a great deal on it (and often times get it for no cost at all).

I have my eye on a Subaru Legacy Wagon just down the road :cool: It has been parked for many months now.

repete86 06-14-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicradish (Post 58263)
That is the great thing about living in the rural mountains. No neighbors, just land to park vehicles.

That sounds great. Ultimately, I want to live out in an untouched area of the woods and spend my time doing as little as possible while making my art.