Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Fell off the wagon this morning - major hangover (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/fell-off-the-wagon-this-morning-major-hangover-5008.html)

OdieTurbo 06-15-2007 10:43 AM

Whew, I'm glad you aren't on team "Leftover Bananas"!

Anyway, yeah, I do miss the high-pitched scream of my Honda iV-Tec at 8,500 RPM. Ah, those were the days.

rh77 06-15-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OdieTurbo (Post 58361)
Whew, I'm glad you aren't on team "Leftover Bananas"!

Anyway, yeah, I do miss the high-pitched scream of my Honda iV-Tec at 8,500 RPM. Ah, those were the days.

I had the '99 Si Coupe with the 1.6L (B16A2) -- man did it howl...

RH77

ma4t 06-15-2007 11:15 AM

I miss my WRX STi. That thing screamed. The only cars that gave me a good run for my money was the Evo or the GT-R.
https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...cc2d4a20ed.jpg
Those were the days. I even wrote a song about it.

Quote:

Hear the roar of the turbo charger
Feel the hot black leather seats
You like the way I break the law and
I like the way you scream
OK, so they were cloth seats but it didn't matter. The croud was usually blotto, and as long as they thought I was singing about s*x or breaking the law (this song had both), they went wild.

(Wait, maybe those weren't the days.)

ma4t

GasSavers_rGS 06-15-2007 11:21 AM

Note to ma4t,

Next time, try not to put ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ma4t (Post 58155)
going 80 the whole way

and...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ma4t (Post 58155)
Note to self: Never try to do gas log entries while studying for the bar.

in the same thread. :)

I'm just recalling the news story of a student in a teacher credentialling program that was denied her teaching credential based on a picture on her MySpace page.

Good luck with the bar. :)

broodlinger 06-16-2007 08:13 PM

I think my car does better at 80mph than 60mph, but I'll do some tests and let you know.

This is my most recent data:

2700rpms / 80mph = 33.75 rpms per mph

2100rpms / 60mph = 35 rpms per mph (worse)

As you can see, my car does well at high speeds. Anyway, I never get higher than 23 mpg, so you guys are lucky if you're getting 40/50/60/whatever.

SVOboy 06-16-2007 08:16 PM

You should be looking at rpms per mile, since that's a bit more important. I would be flabbergasted to see many cars do better at 80 than 60...

ma4t 06-16-2007 08:39 PM

rGS, good point.

I read about a girl who used her real name for her myspace account, and for sex typed, "Yes, please" instead of "female." Years later, after graduation, she wasn't getting any job offers and couldn't figure it out. Finally, an old friend contacted her after a long time and remarked at how her myspace account made her sound bad, with picures of her drunk, hanging on different guys. She cleaned it up and got a job almost immediately.

That's why I never use my real name for anything like this on the internet. I do have a myspace account but it has absolutely nothing substantial.

And, no, I'm not studying in the bar. I'm studying for the bar.

m

88HF 06-16-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Palmer (Post 58344)
I wonder if their is a sound synthesizer that could be hooked up to the car to give you that audio feedback, even though your driving more econo. That way, maybe you could still get that cool feeling?

Videogames work that way... but they get to rush the graphics too. You'd be stuck looking at the people passing and cursing you as you restart from a failed EOC restart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by broodlinger (Post 58748)
I think my car does better at 80mph than 60mph, but I'll do some tests and let you know.

This is my most recent data:

2700rpms / 80mph = 33.75 rpms per mph

2100rpms / 60mph = 35 rpms per mph (worse)

As you can see, my car does well at high speeds. Anyway, I never get higher than 23 mpg, so you guys are lucky if you're getting 40/50/60/whatever.

maybe its just your power curve, anyway the faster you go the harder you run yourself up a brick wall because of your Cd. Yours stats come down to
2030 revs per mile, 2700 revs per minute (@ 80 mph) and 2100 revs per mile (@60 mph)

omgwtfbyobbq 06-17-2007 10:44 PM

I just tried upping my cruising speed from ~55mph to 65mph. Talk about pain at the pump... :eek:

caprice 06-18-2007 12:10 AM

i am like that too. thats why you sometimes see every other gas log entry lower than the others. After a bad tank, I feel guilty, and drive a lot better. Then after the good tank, I loose focus. :(