Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Garage size (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/garage-size-507.html)

Railhead 01-12-2010 12:40 PM

Garage size

Why is there a limit to 6 vehicles? I have 9, plus my work P71.

pb 01-12-2010 01:51 PM

We put an upper limit in place because we can't monitor every individual's use of the system, and we don't want a single account to create hundreds of vehicles. We need to have an arbitrary limit somewhere. Six seems about right to me. Accounts are free, so you could always create a new account for the rest of your vehicles.

DTMAce 01-12-2010 10:42 PM

Are some of the vehicles owned by a relative? Have them create an account, and they could have cars in their garage too. You can also cross share who puts the gas in the tank on Fuelly. :D

rem83 01-14-2010 10:12 PM

Heh, I had this problem too, but I think accounts were capped to 5 then. I wanted to include my g/f's car in my profile, since I'm the one who enters all of her data anyway, but ended up having to make a separate account for her. It's pretty easy to exceed 6 vehicles if you have a few bikes and a few extra cars lying around...

bates 01-18-2010 11:58 PM

It's pretty easy to exceed 6 vehicles if you have a few bikes and a few extra cars lying around...

Rem83, I used to have that problem when I was young and single. There were times in my life when I had a dragster, 2 street cars, 2 or 3 street bikes, a couple of dirt bikes, a scooter, and 2 boats. Oh, those were the days, now I have a commuter car and a toy dirt bike that I tinker with. Hopefully one day in the not too distant future I'll have a boat and a tow vehicle that will double as a 4WD fun truck and a back up car when my car or my wife's car is in the shop.

I'm jealous of all you guys and gals out there who have a garage full of vehicles, unfortunately, I'm 15 years past that point in my life and barring a major lottery win I'll never get back there.

VWJunky 01-19-2010 12:21 AM

bates I hear ya. I am on the down slop of lots of cars, I got up to 14 at one point and now down to I think 7. With the 3rd kid now I have like 1 min a month to do anything on the toy cars. I am trying to hold onto my play things but with bills and other things to do witht the kids the toys are slipping away. The ones I am keeping are the weird ones that are going up in price better than stock!

Railhead 01-19-2010 12:37 PM

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I have more cars than brains, and I have to blame it on my Dad... who got me into the car hobby at a young age. My first one was a 5 HP go-cart at age 9.

VWJunky 01-19-2010 10:57 PM

I think i crashed a car one time in college and was out of a vehicle for a semester and had to bum rides. I belive this was what triggered my I have too many cars idea and that I just love cars! I would love to be Jay Lenno! Well at least for his garage and car collection! Most of mine are in the need to fix stage with only 3 on the road now.