Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Looking for someone to forward an eBay package from US to Canada (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/looking-for-someone-to-forward-an-ebay-package-from-us-to-canada-5197.html)

MetroMPG 06-27-2007 04:17 AM

Looking for someone to forward an eBay package from US to Canada

Every once in a blue moon I find an eBay auction I'm interested in, but the seller will only ship within the US.

EG. lately I've been looking for a set of used SPD mountain bike pedals for backup/parts. 3 of the auctions I'm interested in say "US-only" shipping.

I'm wondering if anyone here would be willing to receive & forward a small package to Canada for me. Depending on whether I can win the auction at a good price, it may be worth the additional shipping cost to me (which I will PayPal to you).

To protect yourself, you are of course invited to open/inspect the hypothetical package first if you wish.

Preferably you live in the north east or eastern Great Lakes area (will help keep mailing costs down).

bbgobie 06-27-2007 05:30 AM

Go with the egg beaters!
=)
You'll never look back again.

If your near Toronto, wait till the fall back show? Always some cheap stuff if you go early.

CO ZX2 06-27-2007 05:32 AM

I will do what you need. Let me know.

CO ZX2

kickflipjr 06-27-2007 07:34 AM

Have you tried to contact the seller? They might change there mind about the us only rule.

CoyoteX 06-27-2007 07:42 AM

You can forward stuff to me if you want and I can relay it :)

Also look at the program jbidwatcher it is pretty nice to use for bidding on something at 1-3 seconds before the auction closes. Keeps you from having to pay more than necessary.:thumbup:

UfoTofU 06-27-2007 01:15 PM

I would do it for you, Maine here.

XFi 06-27-2007 01:19 PM

Darin-I would also, if you needed. PA

MetroMPG 06-27-2007 01:22 PM

Great - thanks for all the offers & extra info. I'll see what happens with the auctions and let you know.

bbgobie - you may be right about the eggbeaters. But I'm a cheap ba$t@rd, and I've already got 1.5 "good" SPD pedals & SPD cleats (just busted the mechanism on one side of one pedal on a rock). Would I be able to use my existing cleats with eggbeaters, or would I need new cleats?

SVO - I usually ask. Often they say they'll ship to CDA, but some are afraid of it for some reason.

Coyote - I haven't tried a sniping service yet, but I usually only bid in the last 10 seconds or so, if I'm watching an auction.

CoyoteX 06-27-2007 01:43 PM

That jbidwatcher program is great for watching a huge number of items, I use it all the time and probably haven't bid for an item with more than 3 seconds to go for a couple of years.

Btw it is a free program, no spyware or nags or anything.

n0rt0npr0 06-27-2007 02:40 PM

I would relay the package for you also, however in my experiance UPS and USPS have actually lost packages going over the border, so I'll relay it fedex (and I "may" be able to relay it for free(i know some good ppl))

let me know :)