Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hello-everyone-5478.html)

mscrystal80 07-20-2007 04:59 AM

Hello Everyone

I am Crystal ....I drive a 2007 Toyota Yaris, which in green ratings is the 7th greenest car on the road. And the most green of Gasoline powered cars. I recently started a job about 45 miles from home, so to make myself feel good I am carpooling everyday with my BF who works about 5 miles from me. So instead of 500 miles a week just for work each of us is doing about 250. Not even a tank of gas. He drives a Hynadai Elentra which also gets fantastic gas milage.. So each of us can get between 350-400 miles on a tank of gas..
I am in Worcester MA...

CO ZX2 07-20-2007 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscrystal80 (Post 64556)
I am Crystal ....I drive a 2007 Toyota Yaris, which in green ratings is the 7th greenest car on the road. And the most green of Gasoline powered cars. I recently started a job about 45 miles from home, so to make myself feel good I am carpooling everyday with my BF who works about 5 miles from me. So instead of 500 miles a week just for work each of us is doing about 250. Not even a tank of gas. He drives a Hynadai Elentra which also gets fantastic gas milage.. So each of us can get between 350-400 miles on a tank of gas..
I am in Worcester MA...

Welcome, Crystal. We sure can use some females around here. So far, we're pretty much a bunch of big ol' ugly guys.

Sounds like you have a great start on saving gas. You're lucky to have someone to carpool with.

Be careful of 'knowing too much' with your boyfriend.;) Guys do this with cooking.

mscrystal80 07-20-2007 05:23 AM

Boys Club

Well I seem to do well in the boys club. And I know more about Cars then any man I have every dated..Maybe only because I don't date greasers... If I had it my way I would move into the city sell this damn car and take the commuter rail into work...Kills me too because the commuter rail is about 3 blocks from my work. When I lived in Denver I never owned a car, my legs, bike and the RTD buses where my way of transportaion.

jwxr7 07-20-2007 05:31 AM

welcome crystal :) . I like the Yaris. Does it have a manual or auto trans?

OdieTurbo 07-20-2007 06:25 AM

Hello Crystal! Welcome to the group! Feel free to snoop around and get to know everybody!

cfg83 07-20-2007 11:39 AM

mscrystal80 -

Welcome to GS! Sounds like you had it made in Denver. I looked at trying to train to work from home, and all the connections added up to about 2.5 hours one way!!!!!!!!!!!!

I searched the GasSaver Garage and found around 20 Yarii (sp?), so you will have plenty of examples to study.

CarloSW2

swng 07-20-2007 01:31 PM

Welcome from another Yaris owner!

psyshack 07-20-2007 04:22 PM

Welcome to a almost Yaris owner. I traded my 06 Civic EX on 7-14-07 for a Mazda3 S Touring. I really wanted a Yaris 3 door hatch with power, air bags and a 5mt. But gulf states yota doesn't seem to want to bring them in. Got the same story from 2 Tulsa dealers. But they were ave. in Kansas and Mo. Kinda of sucked. I don't like the cyclops speed-o. But the rest of the car is first class if you package it right from yota. I have no doubt that 60 mpg would have been in the bag for me in a Yaris. Your BF's car cant hold a candel to yours. :)

Good Luck
psy

88HF 07-20-2007 07:36 PM

I like your car, welcome. 2 Yaris owners, hope yall stick around. Heck of potential.

swng 07-20-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88HF (Post 64666)
I like your car, welcome. 2 Yaris owners, hope yall stick around. Heck of potential.

I like this forum! The people are so friendly!