Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   FYI: Honda Seat Belts Replaced for FREE! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/fyi-honda-seat-belts-replaced-for-free-5518.html)

Wandering Albatross 07-23-2007 12:15 PM

FYI: Honda Seat Belts Replaced for FREE!

I did not know this, but Honda has a lifetime warranty on seat belts. My VX's seat belts would not retract properly and I was talking to the parts guys about it at the dealership and it turns out they are covered for life. After the parts arrived, they changed them out for free and the problem was solved. This may also apply to other car companies as well. Drive safe! :)

hoffmann277 07-23-2007 01:14 PM

Honda has a lifetime warrenty on belts for the Civic VX or all makes, models, and/or years?

Wandering Albatross 07-23-2007 01:33 PM

I believe it is all Hondas, but the question could be quickly addressed by a phone call to your local dealer. I believe it is something that applies to all cars, but Honda does not go out of their way to remind customers.

VetteOwner 07-23-2007 01:46 PM

yea i head somehting about this. about the safety equipment either having a lot longer warranty, or seatbelts have a lifetime warranty. its one of those things they dont really want you to know about tho...

GeekGuyAndy 07-23-2007 01:50 PM

I once heard ALL cars had lifetime warrantee on seat belts. I haven't needed to find out yet, but I bet they are covered. I'm sure companies want to report as few deaths as possible for their cars and would gladly make sure it works.

kwtorbe 07-23-2007 07:54 PM

Well my civic HX has a passenger side seat belt installed on the drivers side from the previous owner. It drives me crazy but I never got around to buying a new one. Do you think the warranty would still apply?

mrmad 07-23-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekGuyAndy (Post 64978)
I once heard ALL cars had lifetime warrantee on seat belts. I haven't needed to find out yet, but I bet they are covered. I'm sure companies want to report as few deaths as possible for their cars and would gladly make sure it works.

Though I've never found out personally, I believe you are correct. For liability reasons, I think most manufacturers will replace worn out or broken seat belts. It would certainly be worth a call to a dealer to check if you had a car with a faulty seat belt.

Hockey4mnhs 07-23-2007 08:49 PM

sweet thanks for the heads up

GasSavers_DaX 07-24-2007 04:09 AM

If they still stock the belts, they'll replace busted ones. Don't take your N600 to the dealership and expect to get new belts. I did take my previous 1988 Civic in and got a new driver's belt put on - I have a $0.00 invoice.

VetteOwner 07-24-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekGuyAndy (Post 64978)

crap yea thats what i ment. i ment to put for all cars:rolleyes:

hmm i wonder if they will replace it for free if it doesnt retract like its supposed to...might have to give the ol stealership a call about my moms tarus. i could also scare the chevy dealership by asking if they could replace my chevettes seatbelts:D