Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   A "smug" TDI guy! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/a-smug-tdi-guy-5538.html)

Bill in Houston 07-26-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkindiesel (Post 65576)
They only bee in the boquet is the occasional mumbled "observation" that she can sometimes smell the Mercedes' exhaust inside the car even with the windows rolled up (see previous note on wifey's dislike of Chinese food).

And she prefers the smell of petro diesel?

Maybe you can put lavender or vanilla oil in her batches. Could you segregate her batches and only get it from restaurants she likes?

stinkindiesel 07-26-2007 12:24 PM

Nah, she doesn't like the smell of #2, either. She preferred the near non-existent smell of her old Ferd Taurus. The only Taurus i EVER liked... was chambered in 9mm.

Bill in Houston 07-26-2007 01:03 PM

Seriously, not kidding at all, could you add a fragrance to the fuel? I do really like the smell of vanilla.

Hockey4mnhs 07-26-2007 01:17 PM

never liked brazilian guns that much

stinkindiesel 07-26-2007 01:33 PM

Better than the locally made ones (Corona, CA- Lorcin, Davis, Raven). Besides, even the worst Brazilian gee-you-enn wins any knife fight.

stinkindiesel 07-26-2007 03:16 PM

Bill in Houston- sorry I didn't see the ?? Yes, absolutely, any oil-based scent would work. Speed shops sell additives to make your exhaust smell like everything from apples to root beer. I poured patchouli oil into a tankful once and couldn't get the hippies to stop following me. Dang things were like stray cats at a fish market.
You can use any oil to make it smell "different", remembering that you're starting with a scent that resembles a smokey Chinese restaurant. Vanilla on top of that? (retch) Maybe if I could find some fortune cookie-scented oil; that'd be nice. Or if I used bacon grease, I could get some egg scented oil. Yes... you've given me some stuff to work on.

Bill in Houston 07-26-2007 03:32 PM

mmmmm, baaaaconnnn....

skewbe 08-08-2007 06:38 PM

Hey Stinky, where's your garage entry?

I've been swimming around diesels a lot more lately, driving by vw dealers that aren't on the way home, ebaying for old (and probably smokey) rabbits and royal enfields... Seems the populous is bent on ethanol cuz most of the current fleet can use it, but dang if biodiesel isn't a hell of a lot more productive, especially that algae thing. Sure wish there was a better use for the byproduct though. I wonder what willie does with his?

Hockey4mnhs 08-08-2007 07:08 PM

Were did he go havent seen him post for a wile

stinkindiesel 08-13-2007 10:14 AM

Been in the hospital. Everything's good, though. Addressed a few defects that weren't apparent until the intestine bulged through the bellybutton. Quite uncomfortable; if you have a choice, take a "pass" on the experience.
Today is my first day back, and I'm doing it sans painkillers... not because of an aversion to 'em, but because I like 'em so dang much I tend to stay stupid until I'm healed up. They reduce the initiative to do anything, but they are HANDY lemme just say.
I'm also less likely to do something that would jeopardize my structural integrity if I can actually FEEL it. I'm freakin' SUPERMAN on Vicodin.
Good to be back, though, brain still a bit muzzy from the... what?...was that a bee?... I smell cotton candy, yeah, like a purple dandelion...
Garage coming up when I can figure out how to do the photo thingie.
If you find a smoker Enfield, lemme know. Muchas Thank-yas