Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   33.87 MPG fill (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/33-87-mpg-fill-5551.html)

Rick Rae 07-28-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popimp (Post 65825)
Sorry if I came off the wrong way...

Oh geez no, not at all. It sounded interesting so I checked it out, and after seeing what they offered me I hoped that wasn't the contract you had, that's all. We're good. :)

Quote:

If you ever get a new car you should check out that site again. I think their reasonable and seem good.
I will; I'll have to get something in the next year or two for business.

I did see one thing in your contract that might deserve mentioning:

This Vehicle Service Contract Provides NO Coverage or Benefits for... FAILURE CAUSED BY MISUSE; ABUSE... [or] IF ANY ALTERATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE TO YOUR VEHICLE OR YOU ARE USING, OR HAVE USED, YOUR VEHICLE IN A MANNER NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER.

Depending on how badly they want to weasel out of paying a claim, a simple mod like blocking off some of the grill might be cosidered "alterations to your vehicle." Similarly, EOC coasting or even dropping in an out of neutral at cruising speeds might be considered "misuse" or driving "in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer."

So if you get to a point where you need to file a claim and you have some mods you know aren't related (e.g. a hot air intake where the problem is a transmission failure), you might want to undo the mods before you take the vehicle in, etc.

Quote:

...we'll have to wait and see until I actually make a claim
Hey, let's hope we wait in vain and you never have to file one! :thumbup::)

Rick

GeekGuyAndy 07-28-2007 01:11 PM

Not covered by acts of god?! I've never thought of bringing my car in and saying "Oh it wasn't my fault, it was definately an act of god" :D

popimp 07-29-2007 01:53 PM

I did the same technique today driving to the Gulfport Airport. I paid more attention to RPMs. At 60 MPH the RPMs are about 1800-2000 depending on the grade of the road. When I drop it into Neutral the RPMs dip to about 900-1000. Is this good or bad?

88HF 07-29-2007 09:33 PM

how do you mean? You were'nt accelerating so that'd be using less gas... good right? Do you know that when coming to a stop if you leave it in gear above a certain speed and rpm it cuts out your injectors and you get really good mileage like EOC. We just got back from Gulf Shores. Trip cost ~$21 in gas for 400+ miles. Did you find your mom's stuff?

popimp 07-30-2007 01:28 PM

88HF:

Is it bad for the engine to be a 900-1000 at highway speeds in Neutral? We never found the wallet or the phone, but they were able to fly out. I think we had a kick AZZ time in New Orleans, except for the Krazy Korner incident.

88HF 07-30-2007 09:44 PM

Sorry y'all couldn't find the stuff. Erica wrote some reviews about Krazy Korner on the internet, she said before her review they had 5 stars. F crazy corner! About the transmission thing, i don't know, sounds about the same as EOC as far as disengaging the transmission from the engine, but I guess it depends how it lubricates. Maybe if you make a thread about it someone will know more.