Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Experiments, Modifications and DIY (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   BlackFly Copy Cat (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/blackfly-copy-cat-5565.html)

ALgeovalley 07-26-2007 12:46 PM

BlackFly Copy Cat

Welp, got my results in today! i've gained about 8 miles to the gallon,,, "My driving style".... i did have a car load at times,,, and i didn't drive out of the ordanary other than shifting at 2000 RPM's... other than running the air, and giving rides it was around an added 8 miles per gallon added to me tank!!

I love it already, i could clearly see the transmission is taking alot of stress off of my engine, the engine hardly "if ever" gets to 3000 Rpm's, i think 3k rpm's could be found at around 70 mph? untested, i know at 65 i still havent reached 3k rpms, when i use to do 60 mph i think the rpm's was a hair above 3k! pretty sure it was, now it's no where near 3k when i'm at 60 mph...

"At 55 Mph the rpm's was Close to 3k, Now it is around 2,4k Nice Drop!"
Its like the car never knew it took off! it's that destressed!

i would like to thank everyone for the nice site, and also MetroMpg that made this possable for me, "if it wasn't for him, id never thought to do this'! Thanks man,

I would also like to thank State Trooper of Florence Alabama AL "J Hewett" for writing me an $129 Stop sign Ticket, He Contributed in this Geo Experment as well!

I guess if i can afford a ticket, i'll just take what i have left and get the XFI cam Back, "if i don't get it now, another state trooper might Take my money", LOL

Thank all of you for your past input that helped me!!! THANKS :D

OH, and just to the left, where it says 40.99 MPG US, why doesn't it say 47 mpg????

Hockey4mnhs 07-26-2007 01:14 PM

your last fill was prolly 47 but your average is 30 day average is 40.99

GeekGuyAndy 07-26-2007 02:42 PM

Congrats on the increase, that's a good jump!

MetroMPG 07-26-2007 05:26 PM

Hey, thanks for the update. That's quite an increase.

I'm waiting for the day I get busted for rolling a stop too. :) I try to be careful about looking all over for the fuzz before I do that, but I know one day I'll get lazy and not spot him hiding in the bushes...

usedgeo 07-29-2007 10:08 AM

CopyCat

As I read this I think I missed part of the story. Just to be certain did you put a 4 cylinder transmission into a 3 cylinder car?
Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALgeovalley (Post 65597)

"At 55 Mph the rpm's was Close to 3k, Now it is around 2,4k Nice Drop!"
Its like the car never knew it took off! it's that destressed!

ALgeovalley 07-29-2007 10:52 AM

That would be correct used Geo,,, you can thank MetroMpg for figuring that out! any 4 cyl Transmission that bolts onto your 3 cyl will work, for me, i took a 95 4 door 4 cyc geo metro transmisson and put it in my 3 banger. i was running my air most of the time and pulling more weight around than i should have been. i also gained 7 i want to say 8 mpg, i only tested the mpg once, the other mpg test hasn't got here yet. i will keep you guy's informed.

The next step after the test get in, for me is to add the xfi camshaft.

BTW, i also put about 50 lbs in each of my tires, THIS was after the mpg Test, so i don't know what the output of it will be yet. i seen most of the guy's do it here, so i did it to.

More to come!

OH, and thanks Guys!

ALgeovalley 08-03-2007 02:34 PM

well, theres my gas logg,, don't know what to say... i drove the usual, and thats what i got. ?

tulsa_97sr5 08-03-2007 02:44 PM

Maybe just a light fill up the one before, it wasn't that many gallons. Bet it averages back up.

ALgeovalley 08-15-2007 10:28 AM

it has been hot here, and i haven't refilled yet. I just got my light and performed a test, Daytime running lights consume 5.4 amps in the day and 6.7 amps at night. I will be installing a daytime switch to turn them off, prolley using the park break wire, i know i will have a park brake red light on but i don't care, i feel it's the easiest way to turn the off for good.

Thats not including the Fan motors tailights and park lights.

Do any of you happen to know the basic total amps used at night on any car? Thanks. ahh, i have a fuel pump right here, just a second i'll measure that,

1.90 amps not under a fuel load, its prolley 3.50 amps when pumping fuel.

Telco 08-15-2007 11:48 AM

Examine a wiring diagram on your car and you might be able to find the wire you need to mess with to shut down daytime running lights. On my 96 Tahoe it was a pink wire going to the headlights. On my 99 Sienna I've not been able to locate what I need to shut them off yet. My 87 GMC doesn't have them at all :D. It would be better to eliminate them correctly than trick them, resulting in a new, unnecessary load on the electrical system with the parking brake light :p .