Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   241 On the List (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/241-on-the-list-5646.html)

popimp 08-02-2007 12:48 PM

241 On the List

I'm number 241 on the fuel list and 188 in the gasoline section. I'm kicking you know what. Not really, but I think we should have more categories.

slurp812 08-02-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popimp (Post 66541)
I'm number 241 on the fuel list and 188 in the gasoline section. I'm kicking you know what. Not really, but I think we should have more categories.

A pickup truck/SUV category for sure...

I have a friend who cant get above 17 in his Liberty, with a scangauge. but he has to have AC, and his trip to work is only 5 miles.

Mentalic 08-02-2007 03:40 PM

Yea, multiple categories would be great, vans, suvs and truck could all be separate. Maybe just class them by vehicle weight.

Short trips are a killer, my daily trip is 12miles and it takes about 9 miles for my FE to get up to normal. This is why I'm working on replacing my Fan with an electric system. All I need is my fan controller to come in... Its taking forever, almost three weeks now.:mad:

Hockey4mnhs 08-02-2007 03:53 PM

i want a truck/suv section alos so i could not feel as bad and enter the truck into the gaslogs. i dont drive it alot its usally my mom so it wont look as bad if we had a section just for it.

cfg83 08-02-2007 03:54 PM

popimp -

I think this would be a good garage mod. If you could choose the category of your vehicle, aka car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, etc..., then Matt could perform lots of "top ten" lists based on the categories. There could also be a drivetrain category, aka gas, diesel, bio-diesel, hybrid, electric, hamster, etc ...

Technically, Matt could infer the category of car by model and make, but that would be a PITA to program.

Right now I think there could be "mpg by curb weight" categories, which I think might put more comparable cars side by side.

CarloSW2

Mentalic 08-02-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs (Post 66573)
i want a truck/suv section alos so i could not feel as bad and enter the truck into the gaslogs. i dont drive it alot its usally my mom so it wont look as bad if we had a section just for it.

Roger that! I don't count my tanks that I tow my boat with, just not fair. :D

cfg83 08-02-2007 04:04 PM

Hockey4mnhs -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs (Post 66573)

As far as I'm concerned, if you can get over EPA, then you are a "GasSaver".

Can someone make this a request in the "Forum Suggestions and User Assistance" forum?

CarloSW2

GeekGuyAndy 08-02-2007 05:15 PM

I agree on that. Just because I didn't drive as well as I could doesn't mean I would exclude a listing.

And making categories by weight just makes people down on the list have a higher number. In some sports they call that the "Chumpian" - The winner of the losers' bracket.

It should be a personal competition. I'm #1 on my list :)

slurp812 08-02-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 66574)
popimp -

I think this would be a good garage mod. If you could choose the category of your vehicle, aka car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, etc..., then Matt could perform lots of "top ten" lists based on the categories. There could also be a drivetrain category, aka gas, diesel, bio-diesel, hybrid, electric, hamster, etc ...

Technically, Matt could infer the category of car by model and make, but that would be a PITA to program.

Right now I think there could be "mpg by curb weight" categories, which I think might put more comparable cars side by side.

CarloSW2

MT / AT as well!?

slurp812 08-02-2007 06:01 PM

Well, even if there were an accord category, I would still not be #1...