Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Just bought a Civic VX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/just-bought-a-civic-vx-5652.html)

suprapsu 08-03-2007 07:32 AM

Just bought a Civic VX

I just bought a 1995 Honda Civic VX. I flew down to Miami, bought this car and drove it home the same day. It was awesome driving this baby. I got 50 miles to the gallon on the way home.

Matt Timion 08-03-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprapsu (Post 66649)
I just bought a 1995 Honda Civic VX. I flew down to Miami, bought this car and drove it home the same day. It was awesome driving this baby. I got 50 miles to the gallon on the way home.

Honestly, I've been toying with the idea of selling the Fit (taking a hit) and then buying a VX as well.

No car payments, lower insurance...

But the Fit is fun... I tell you what.

kwtorbe 08-03-2007 08:51 AM

Congratulations! I just bought some VX wheels for my HX. What did you pay for the VX and what condition is it in? (if you don't mind me asking).

For anybody interested: There is a VX for sale in Tulsa, Oklahoma with the original d15z1 and 290,000 miles. It has cool looking 5-spoke 17" rims, a really nice interior, burns a quart of oil a month, and he said the first $2300 take it. It is teal and can be found on craigslist.com under VX in Tulsa. I bought the original 13" wheels from him, but I don't think I could get what I paid for from my HX so I am going to fix it up a bit. I like the looks of 96-00 coupes better anyway.

Hockey4mnhs 08-03-2007 10:12 AM

Lucky! Those are awsome little cars i wish i had known about them before i bought my car.

suprapsu 08-03-2007 10:38 AM

Yeah, this car is awesome. I bought it with 120k miles on it. It is in good condition. I have to buy new tires for it. I paid $2,000. Flew down to Miami and drove it back home.

Yeah, I think the Civic VX is alot better than the Honda Fit. I don't know why they stopped making these cars??? Come on, 50 miles per gallon and half the price of a hybird (brand new civic in 1995)??

cfg83 08-03-2007 11:55 AM

Matt -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 66657)
Honestly, I've been toying with the idea of selling the Fit (taking a hit) and then buying a VX as well.

No car payments, lower insurance...

But the Fit is fun... I tell you what.

Don't sell the spaceship! Wait until the warranty runs out and then slap an Apex SAFC fuel controller or equivalent onto it so that you can mess with the fuel map. You will have the whole sport-compact-car gadget world of goodies to choose from.

CarloSW2

cfg83 08-03-2007 11:59 AM

suprapsu -

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprapsu (Post 66649)

I'm already too invested in my car to get a VX, but you are now in GasSaver Rock Star territory!

CarloSW2

Flatland2D 08-03-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwtorbe (Post 66664)
Congratulations! I just bought some VX wheels for my HX. What did you pay for the VX and what condition is it in? (if you don't mind me asking).

For anybody interested: There is a VX for sale in Tulsa, Oklahoma with the original d15z1 and 290,000 miles. It has cool looking 5-spoke 17" rims, a really nice interior, burns a quart of oil a month, and he said the first $2300 take it. It is teal and can be found on craigslist.com under VX in Tulsa. I bought the original 13" wheels from him, but I don't think I could get what I paid for from my HX so I am going to fix it up a bit. I like the looks of 96-00 coupes better anyway.

I've actually been eyeing that one myself. But now that you mention it burns a quart of oil a month, no thanks. My current car burns oil like mad and I'm sick of always having to top off (not to mention it's $6 a quart).

SVOboy 08-03-2007 01:54 PM

Nice score! And great price! :thumbup:

kwtorbe 08-12-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatland2D (Post 66694)
I've actually been eyeing that one myself. But now that you mention it burns a quart of oil a month, no thanks. My current car burns oil like mad and I'm sick of always having to top off (not to mention it's $6 a quart).

Yeah that is why I didn't want to buy it.