Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Through all the BS, still got up to 36 MPG (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/through-all-the-bs-still-got-up-to-36-mpg-5662.html)

unstable bob 08-03-2007 08:58 PM

Through all the BS, still got up to 36 MPG

Just got through running the numbers on my last tank of gas, and I picked up 1 MPG, even though dealing with road rage, butt hole drivers, and some extended pedal to the metal time. I went up from 35 MPG to 36 MPG. My modifications for that tank of gas were installation of a set of Brisk spark plugs. I also noticed a smoother idle @ a lower RPM. Not sure what I will do for my next mod, as I'd like to do some aero mods, but am a little strapped for time at the moment. I may have time to try the IAT/resistor mod...

unstable bob 08-04-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 66787)
Tank-to-tank variations- eh. I'd like to be excited about my new high of 47 but will hold off on the celebrations and press releases until more fills confirm the trend.

I just find it easier to do a mod then see what a tankful brings. Since I have the same basic driving routine/routes there aren't too many variables that can change. I haven't been at this very long, but have seen my mileage go from 30 mpg to 36 mpg. I think I must be doing something right...*shrug*

baddog671 08-04-2007 12:55 PM

Good work! So far on my gaslog every tank has been higher and higher (except for one along time ago I think), but Im starting to reach my maximum mpg with current set-up. Just always have a goal, and eventually you'll get it...

GasSavers_rGS 08-04-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unstable bob (Post 66778)
Just got through running the numbers on my last tank of gas, and I picked up 1 MPG, even though dealing with road rage, butt hole drivers, and some extended pedal to the metal time. I went up from 35 MPG to 36 MPG. My modifications for that tank of gas were installation of a set of Brisk spark plugs. I also noticed a smoother idle @ a lower RPM. Not sure what I will do for my next mod, as I'd like to do some aero mods, but am a little strapped for time at the moment. I may have time to try the IAT/resistor mod...

unstable bob,

Since you're mentioning an MPG improvement, I'm going to assume you've gotten the information suggested in your previous thread as follows:

https://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=4585

Now you're ready to create your very first GasLog entry. To create your GasLog Entry:
  1. On the horizontal menu bar, click the |Garage| tab.
  2. On the following screen, you should see a section called "GasSavers Garage" where you should see "Da Cavalier." If you read over to the right side, you should see a link for _[add gaslog entry]_. Click that link.
  3. Under the section titled "Add Gaslog Entry enter the following information:
    1. Date: Enter the date of the SECOND fillup.
    2. Distance: Enter the distance driven between FIRST and SECOND fillups by subtracting the odometer reading from FIRST fillup from the odometer reading from SECOND fillup.
    3. Fuel used: Enter the quantity of fuel filled up at SECOND fillup according to the gas receipt.
  4. Scroll down and click the [Add Gaslog Entry] button.

I hope this helps.

unstable bob 08-04-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog671 (Post 66840)
Good work! So far on my gaslog every tank has been higher and higher (except for one along time ago I think), but Im starting to reach my maximum mpg with current set-up. Just always have a goal, and eventually you'll get it...

Those Metros rack up some pretty impressive numbers! :thumbup:

unstable bob 08-04-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rGS (Post 66852)
unstable bob,

Since you're mentioning an MPG improvement, I'm going to assume you've gotten the information suggested in your previous thread as follows:

https://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=4585

Now you're ready to create your very first GasLog entry. To create your GasLog Entry:
  1. On the horizontal menu bar, click the |Garage| tab.
  2. On the following screen, you should see a section called "GasSavers Garage" where you should see "Da Cavalier." If you read over to the right side, you should see a link for _[add gaslog entry]_. Click that link.
  3. Under the section titled "Add Gaslog Entry enter the following information:
    1. Date: Enter the date of the SECOND fillup.
    2. Distance: Enter the distance driven between FIRST and SECOND fillups by subtracting the odometer reading from FIRST fillup from the odometer reading from SECOND fillup.
    3. Fuel used: Enter the quantity of fuel filled up at SECOND fillup according to the gas receipt.
  4. Scroll down and click the [Add Gaslog Entry] button.

I hope this helps.

Thanks rGS. I'm actually going to set up my gas log after this tank. Now that I'm aware of what to do I've been taking down the proper info.

baddog671 08-04-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unstable bob (Post 66854)
Those Metros rack up some pretty impressive numbers! :thumbup:

Sure do, but terrible on steep hills if you need to go fast, or, atleast the speed limit:). My goal this tank is 60mpg, it'll be close..

unstable bob 08-04-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog671 (Post 66856)
Sure do, but terrible on steep hills if you need to go fast, or, atleast the speed limit:). My goal this tank is 60mpg, it'll be close..

Man, 60 MPG...that is mind boggling! :eek: :thumbup: