Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   So, how many of you are using the A/C? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/so-how-many-of-you-are-using-the-a-c-5748.html)

atomicradish 08-11-2007 11:29 PM

So, how many of you are using the A/C?

I'm not for now, though it is because I simply don't have it.

Last week has been rough. Temperatures here in NC have been over 100 everyday with unbearable humidity. I nearly had a heat stroke washing my car the other day.

Getting the air fixed ASAP. Heck with FE in this heat. It's dangerous.

cfg83 08-12-2007 12:16 AM

atomicradish -

Mine's on the fritz right now. It's about 3 todo's down on my maintenance list. Thankfully, this summer is not as bad as last summer in LA, so it hasn't been as bad as it could be. Today we used those freezer-gel-packs in the car. Just tuck them behind you and enjoy the coooooool (in the otherwise hot and dry car).

If I did have it working, I would try to only use it for passengers.

CarloSW2

baddog671 08-12-2007 12:31 AM

My car never had one. And yes, last week was miserable...

GasSavers_roadrunner 08-12-2007 02:33 AM

I am not using the Yaris A/C this summer, and mine is working. To get max. mileage I cannot use it.
This summer I have used my apt. A/C at most 10 hours.
Not a problem for me, I use a few fans as needed.

varg 08-12-2007 04:05 AM

Around here in south FL, it's miserable. It's in the mid 90s every day with humidity in the 80%+ range. Plus, it doesn't cool down at night, it stays in the upper 80s to low 90s here. I use my AC now, I didn't before, it's just too hot.

ffvben 08-12-2007 05:07 AM

non stop usage when hot, I work all day- get sweaty- drive home in ice cold ac. I guess the best mpg will be in cooler temps. I just did a ac service drained the freon, added new oil/dye, recharged. Hopefully the new oil was is slicker than the old 8yr old oil in the compressor.

Mentalic 08-12-2007 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue03Civic (Post 67908)
Around here in south FL, it's miserable. It's in the mid 90s every day with humidity in the 80%+ range. Plus, it doesn't cool down at night, it stays in the upper 80s to low 90s here. I use my AC now, I didn't before, it's just too hot.

Its the same here in South Louisiana. We hit 104F yesterday and with the high humidity its just nasty. Bring back the everyday rain we had been getting. :)

Bill in Houston 08-12-2007 05:19 AM

I use it in the afternoon, but not in the morning.

jharbert 08-12-2007 05:27 AM

I used it almost constantly this last week, much more than on my previous tank. I know I'm going to take an FE hit.

GasSavers_veloman 08-12-2007 06:18 AM

I use the AC intermittently on the real hot days, never in use in city driving. Only use it on downhills or areas of the highway were I am slowing due to traffic. I'm getting record mileage these past two weeks, even with using the AC more than ever, due to refining my driving style with lots of coasting in my auto civic. 400 miles or so on one tank, which is about 40 more than I ever did before.