Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hello from a '07 Aveo5 SVM owner (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hello-from-a-07-aveo5-svm-owner-5750.html)

GasSavers_Rotareneg 08-12-2007 09:31 AM

Hello from a '07 Aveo5 SVM owner

Been lurking the forum for a little while and figured I'd finally post something. I've managed to beat the EPA average MPG, and yesterday bumped my tire pressures up to 42/40 PSI (sidewall max is 44) which should help the rather pathetic mileage this car gets compared to other similar vehicles.

MetroMPG 08-12-2007 10:04 AM

Hey, welcome.

Curious: what other cars did you consider before you pulled the trigger on the Aveo?

GasSavers_Rotareneg 08-12-2007 10:47 AM

The second choice (and, if money wasn't an issue, the preferred one) was a Yaris. In the end it was the price and the fact that the dealer actually had a no-frills Aveo5 SVM on the lot. I do like the car, and the extra interior room is nice.

McPatrick 08-12-2007 11:12 AM

Welcome to the site! Maybe you should go crazy and inflate your tires up to 50 psi :) My sidewalls say 35 psi and I've got 50 psi in them so it is definitely doable. Make sure you create a gaslog as it's fun to track your own mileage.

skewbe 08-12-2007 11:24 AM

The aveo 5 speed was on my list of possible cars, before my saturn was reborn as a stick shift ;)

Hockey4mnhs 08-12-2007 11:29 AM

Welcome to the site. you should try a quick grill block out your grill looks perfect on the lower part

GasSavers_roadrunner 08-12-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs (Post 67974)
Welcome to the site. you should try a quick grill block out your grill looks perfect on the lower part

I agree that you need to work on a grill block. Also, consider front tire spats.
You should be able to do much better in mileage on the car. Keep trying.

unstable bob 08-12-2007 05:58 PM

I like the Aveos. I was THIS close[] to buying one, but then my Cavalier surfaced.

cfg83 08-12-2007 06:13 PM

Rotareneg -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotareneg (Post 67963)
The second choice (and, if money wasn't an issue, the preferred one) was a Yaris. In the end it was the price and the fact that the dealer actually had a no-frills Aveo5 SVM on the lot. I do like the car, and the extra interior room is nice.

Welcome to GS! I drove the Euro-version in 2006, the Chevy "Kalos". You're right about the space. When I was in Europe (for work), two of us went to pick up 2 more people at the airport. I was worried 4 people + 2 people's luggage woudn't fit, but we were snug as a bug in a rug. It's turning radius was very "Euro-city" friendly, which helped alot.

EDIT : There have been some kool tricked out ones here in LA.

CarloSW2 aka "Kalos"

MetroMPG 08-12-2007 06:29 PM

I understand from a guy who owns one (Aveo 5 speed) that the gearing is a little short, a la Honda Fit. Which would go a long way toward explaining its low MPG relative to its competitors.

The guy I talked to went from a 95 Metro to the Aveo.