Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Over 50 mpg for 18,000 miles!!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/over-50-mpg-for-18-000-miles-6043.html)

GasSavers_Kraig 09-11-2007 05:45 PM

Over 50 mpg for 18,000 miles!!!

Well,
I've been driving The Festiva a little over a year now. I've gotten my average up to 50.02mpg for the last 18,000+ miles. My 90 day average is 54.60mpg.
Not bad for a car with virtually no mods and no gauges. The car hasn't missed a beat and now has only 209,082 miles on it. Needless to say it paid for it self in way less than a year and my average is higher than a Prius at work:D I'm quite happy with the little Blue Festy and would definitely recommend owning one! I would like to see at least one tank at 60mpg, my best to date is 56.67........

Kraig

Fourthbean 09-11-2007 05:48 PM

Congratulations, which techniques are you using? I noticed some engine off coasting in your gas log. Just curious how much is required to get those numbers out of your car.

I wouldn't mind driving a Festiva, but I am scared I would get in an accident and kill myself :(.

MetroMPG 09-11-2007 05:52 PM

Nice work Kraig. That's nothing to scoff at.

VetteOwner 09-11-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourthbean (Post 71877)
Congratulations, which techniques are you using? I noticed some engine off coasting in your gas log. Just curious how much is required to get those numbers out of your car.

I wouldn't mind driving a Festiva, but I am scared I would get in an accident and kill myself :(.

lol if you accually pay attention to your surroundngs and watch cross traffic shouldnt have to worry about acidents. in a t bone collision, your screwed in any car pretty much, front and rear theres huge crumple zones(whole engine bay and whole trunk/backseat)and again if you pay attention to stuff, shouldnt be a problem. i would love to have a festiva! their tiny square trapazoidial things but i kinda like the looks a little bit. i think theres a somewhat rally version in racing they use.

XFi 09-11-2007 06:12 PM

Great job Kraig!!! I agree that the Festivas offer great economy and reliability. I purchased a new vehicle, but am considering just keeping my Xtiva as a back-up. I haven't squeeked out quite as good of mileage as yours, but have been able to get 50mpg. keep up the great MPGs!

psyshack 09-11-2007 06:13 PM

I miss my Festiva. Should have never let the wife or kids drive it.

Fourthbean 09-11-2007 06:17 PM

I don't know if I would consider the engine bay "huge" in a festiva, in the case of a crumple zone. I agree that most accidents are avoidable and I do watch where I am going, however when and if I do get t-boned I would prefer to have the heavier car.

Let's not hijack Kraig's thread. Go for that 60MPG tank Kraig! We will be waiting here to cheer for you when you reach it!

cfg83 09-11-2007 06:28 PM

Kraig -

(imagine sound of two hands clapping)

:thumbup:

CarloSW2

1993CivicVX 09-11-2007 06:30 PM

I almost got taken out by a school bus today. Aren't school buses supposed to drive slow, especially through a school zone? I almost had half a mind to turn around and get its license plate to report it but that would have compromised my FE so I just kept on putting along to my destination. The school bus didn't even seem to be aware that it had nearly squashed me flat.

Congrats Kraig on the very impressive long term MPG!

:thumbup: