Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Welcome to the Challenge new members! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/welcome-to-the-challenge-new-members-6044.html)

Fourthbean 09-11-2007 05:46 PM

Welcome to the Challenge new members!

We have had a couple new members on our team and I know there is atleast one new member on another team. Let's give them a nice welcome to get everyone encouraged!

We are happy to announce Bill In Houston is part of our team with his Element!

We have also managed to gain the member 2TonJellyBean with his Hyundai Santa Fe!

Thanks for joining, hope we can pull some better numbers here as a team than we could individually! In any case you guys can all pull the numbers from my car up so we don't lose too horribly! :p

2TonJellyBean 09-11-2007 06:50 PM

FourthBean, thanks for the welcome. If my FE plummets too much this winter I'll swap my wife for her stick Accord. ;-)

Fourthbean 09-11-2007 07:53 PM

Ahh don't worry, I am sure there will be a drop across the board when winter rolls around.

Rick Rae 09-12-2007 07:48 AM

I'm one of those new members on another team. :) Thanks for the welcome, Fourthbean. I'm looking forward to getting involved and having yet another incentive to make my numbers better.

Rick

Fourthbean 09-12-2007 08:00 AM

Welcome to the fray Rick Rae! I have glanced at your testing you are doing with the shell gas, thanks for doing so and keeping it documented. Sure makes getting better miles per gallon easier when you have so many people sharing what works and what doesn't.

Rick Rae 09-12-2007 06:44 PM

Well thanks, Fourthbean. The only thing that's come from the testing so far is that my FE jumped around the time I started running Shell. But I don't know yet if that's due to the high detergents in V-Power, or from using Shell gas in general, or just coincidental from refining my driving technique. I guess time will tell, or at least it'll raise enough questions for someone else to run a more controlled test. :p

You're right on the mark about everyone sharing. I've learned so much from all of you! :thumbup::)

Just don't take it personally when the Leftover Bananas kick yer butt in the challenge, eh? ;)

Seriously though, I seem to be leveling off around 34 to 35MPG. So unless I can figure out the next thing to do to bump my numbers...

Rick

2TonJellyBean 09-13-2007 05:12 AM

Rick, get a different job with the perfect commute! ;-)

Rick Rae 09-13-2007 06:13 PM

Hahaha... well I sort of am, I guess... I'm being laid off in less than two months, and the business I'm starting will have me driving all over creation. So, lots more miles to practice technique! :rolleyes:

Rick

2TonJellyBean 09-13-2007 06:22 PM

Will some customer get discounts for being easy to hypermile to and through? L