Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   90 CRX HF 174k (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/90-crx-hf-174k-6095.html)

UfoTofU 09-17-2007 05:41 PM

90 CRX HF 174k

What do you guys think?

I am going to go look at it tomorrow.

https://maine.craigslist.org/car/424695108.html

The ad says rust free which is better than my current Rex. If I got this I would also have the manual so no need for a swap as well as the HF engine.

the paint job makes me think maybe it was beat on but I talked with the girl who is selling it and asked her if it was an HF....she had no idea what that was so maybe it wasn't beat on at all?

Gary Palmer 09-17-2007 05:49 PM

Well the only significant question I would have is if it is really rust free. In Maine, I would be extra cautious about the body. Functionally, it must be an HF, for the mileage and for the price, if it is rust free, it's a pretty good deal. If it's not, meaning it's a bondo and newspaper job, then I don't know.

I'd check out the frame underneath. If it's a rust problem, you should be able to see it their. If it's not a rust problem, I'd get it and you'll be set.

UfoTofU 09-17-2007 05:52 PM

I was going to check the body extra close. My thought is that it was patched and painted and therefore "rust free". If it is better than what I have now though I might go for it.

I got an 88 CRX DX auto right now. I do have low miles though (115k).

cfg83 09-17-2007 05:54 PM

UfoTofU -

Looks great to me, but I have a jaded SoCal expectation when it comes to CRX prices. You'll know more when you see it. If the ad is true, then it looks like a wiener.

CarloSW2

UfoTofU 09-17-2007 06:00 PM

A wiener? Heh.

I'm hoping it's in good shape and an upgrade from what I have other than the miles, though if it's been in Maine all it's like then I am a bit skeptical.

Danronian 09-17-2007 08:39 PM

Damn, for a northeast CRX, that is a great deal. Those HF ones are hard to find in any decent conditioin since most people never treated them like they were worth a damn. The paint does hint to that it might have been abused, but if the Bondo doesn't seem like it is everywhere, or too thick, I would go with it (depending on it running great). A little rust underneath the paint is expected, but finding an HF for that price, complete, and running, with little rust, in the area of the NE, is very very very difficult.

70DIMER 09-20-2007 11:45 PM

So what happened? Did you get it? The ad has been removed by the author so that most likely means it's sold but to who? :)

UfoTofU 09-21-2007 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70DIMER (Post 73200)
So what happened? Did you get it? The ad has been removed by the author so that most likely means it's sold but to who? :)

I actually didn't end up getting it. I went to look at it and it was pretty rough. If you read the ad it said "NO RUST" but both rear fenders were bubbled up pretty good. and overall it wasn't really what I was expecting from the ad.

I then came home and the search went on. Right then I actually found an ad for a 1991 CRX 5 speed 110k from Arizona of all places. I immediately called the guy and set up a meeting.......

I intend to start a thread for the new one that I picked up. Keep your eyes open.

70DIMER 09-21-2007 11:30 AM

UfoTofU:
I guess I'm a little confused, did you already purchase a CRX HF and you're going to post a thread for that one? Did you go from Maine to Arizona to get it? Damn, ur serious about getting yourself an HF!

UfoTofU 09-21-2007 11:35 AM

Hehe....

I went to look at the HF posted at the beginning of this thread but I was disappointed with it. I then came home and searched again and found one for sale locally that just came from Arizona and bout that one instead.

The one from Arizona is a 91 DX 5 speed with DPFI. Paint is rough but no rust anywhere on the body.