Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Bought a Saturn (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/bought-a-saturn-6169.html)

Fourthbean 09-24-2007 07:19 PM

Bought a Saturn

Just drove home with my 2000 Saturn. You can see some more details about it in my garage. One thing I have noted is that this car has LOTS of excess power.

Just curious, my car is (on the title) an SSL. I assume this means it is the SL1. I thought it was kind of odd. Did the change the name from SL1 to SL at some point down the road?

2TonJellyBean 09-24-2007 07:38 PM

Congrats - my wife had one. It drove at speed so effortlessly. When we had twins we had to drive tandem with the baby seats on the right side fore and aft and us behind each other. It was the only way we we could fit until we got the Accord. Other than the legroom, and the plume d'huile that affected some of them, it was a solid yet kickable car! My buddy's had his for ages. He carries multiple ladders on it and entirely too many spools of cable in it.

SVOboy 09-24-2007 08:06 PM

Sweet! How do you plan to figure it in to your driving with the old boat?

cfg83 09-24-2007 09:33 PM

Fourthbean -

Muchas Felicitaciones! This way you can keep the miles off your Classic Chevy.

CarloSW2

diamondlarry 09-25-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourthbean (Post 73738)
Just drove home with my 2000 Saturn. You can see some more details about it in my garage. One thing I have noted is that this car has LOTS of excess power.

Just curious, my car is (on the title) an SSL. I assume this means it is the SL1. I thought it was kind of odd. Did the change the name from SL1 to SL at some point down the road?

Congrats on a fine choice!;) The SL and SL1 were two different trim levels.

Jim Dunlop 09-25-2007 02:33 AM

How does this impact our FETC team? We now have 2 SL's.

Fourthbean 09-25-2007 03:51 AM

Yep, get to park my Chevy now. Will probably list it on Craigslist for some insanely high price to see if anyone will bite in the next few months.

Ahh, didn't realize there were 3 trim levels diamondlarry. Thanks. I changed my garage entry to just read SL.

Jim, I guess we will have to share the fame of 40MPG on our team! :) I will have to read through your mods and pick your brain about what works and what doesn't.

lovemysan 09-25-2007 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourthbean (Post 73760)
Yep, get to park my Chevy now. Will probably list it on Craigslist for some insanely high price to see if anyone will bite in the next few months.

Ahh, didn't realize there were 3 trim levels diamondlarry. Thanks. I changed my garage entry to just read SL.

Jim, I guess we will have to share the fame of 40MPG on our team! :) I will have to read through your mods and pick your brain about what works and what doesn't.

There's a fourth trim level, SL sport. Muhahaha! I have one. Its rare and collectable, NOT. Its an SL with lots of SL2 niceness. Basically when production ceased the put all the leftovers on these cars.

brucepick 09-25-2007 05:24 AM

Nice!
Standard or auto? Put that in the Garage page for us.

You're gonna get great FE in that car!

Fourthbean 09-25-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemysan (Post 73763)
There's a fourth trim level, SL sport. Muhahaha! I have one. Its rare and collectable, NOT. Its an SL with lots of SL2 niceness. Basically when production ceased the put all the leftovers on these cars.

A freind of mine was telling me about his 02 and how it had bumpers the same color of the car and yet wasn't an SL2. From what he said having the black bumpers was a sign of having something other than an SL2.

It is a Manual, I will add that to the garage.