Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hello from Noobie owner of a 92 Civic VX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hello-from-noobie-owner-of-a-92-civic-vx-6180.html)

1993CivicVX 09-28-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogncatboy (Post 74283)
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.... One more thing to do tomorrow morning!!!!

I second that emotion. Thanks TomO! The ceaseless source of DIY.

cfg83 09-29-2007 05:10 PM

dogncatboy -

Welcome to GS! As you can see, the VX Doctors are on the job.

CarloSW2

GasSavers_TomO 09-29-2007 06:38 PM

I still wish Krousdb was here, he was a Whiz with all the vx stuff as well.

HERE is one of my bookmarks to check when thinking off DIY stuff for a Honda.

dogncatboy 09-30-2007 05:46 AM

Thanks for the kind welcome and all of the help as well! My idle problem appears to be solved! Yesterday I calibrated the TPS, cleaned the IACV and installed the new O2 sensor. The idle is aabout 600rpm, a major improvement over the 1300rpm before the repairs. I'll find out next week how well she performs on the highway and I'll post an update as well as keep track in the garage. Before getting the VX 'd change oil and filters on my cars, now I think I'll take more repairs on in the future... at least on the VX. My Subaru has a lot more going on under the hood and I find that more intimidating. I love the simplicity of the VX engine compartment. Anyone know of a good Subaru repair site I can bookmark? Thanks again to everyone, I could not have done it without your help.

1993CivicVX 09-30-2007 04:02 PM

Maybe your car also have vacuum leak like mine. Read my thread under general tech title "Paid SVOboy a visit" for more info on that theory.

smccall 10-01-2007 10:41 AM

Congrats on the fix. Still looking for a VX though. I came across a 93 dx which was under $1000 and not sure if I should pull the trigger. The gas mileage isn't that close to a CX or VX.

dogncatboy 10-01-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX (Post 74546)
Maybe your car also have vacuum leak like mine. Read my thread under general tech title "Paid SVOboy a visit" for more info on that theory.

I'll check it out. My problems aren't all gone. Idle is better, but still can't decide if it wants ~600 to ~1000rpm. I suspect a vacuum leak but can't find it, even went through 2 cans of starting fluid trying like heck to track it down. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Gary Palmer 10-01-2007 04:36 PM

I spent a lot of time chasing a similar problem on my 89 Honda Wagon. It ended up being the IACV valve was leaking a little air, when the valve was not energized and it was supposed to be closed. If you take off the valve, you should not be able to blow through the valve, with it not connected to anything. If you can, then you need to get a replacement.

Best of Luck.

garyhgaryh 10-12-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogncatboy (Post 74038)
Its a 92 and from what I read the vtec-e thing wasn't on there til 94 & 95, but I could be wrong. The engine block is properly stamped and all the parts seem to fit a VX including the 5 wire O2 sensor. I ran through this in a different thread. See https://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=5149

Thanks though, I appreciate the comps! I think she's a real gem. I'll be real happy once I straighten the FE out. If I can get 50 I'll be happy. It's running on the wrong plugs now and I'm changing them tomorrow. I'm hoping plugs will help.

It looks like a vx engine.. Like mine - 93 VX.

My paint is also faded like yours. I need to repaint it.
Gary

garyhgaryh 10-12-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 74237)
Consider the bone tossed...HERE :thumbup: :D

I took mine out to clean at 230k and it was clogged. Car idled rock solid before and runs even better now. With 230k my car still runs like a new car.
Gary