Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   New guy here (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-guy-here-6200.html)

s1120 09-26-2007 11:07 AM

New guy here

Hey there all. Been looking around and I see some good info here. Well for sure I will not be pulling down the numbers like the rest of you guys being what I am running. I have a 96 Windstar that I daly drive. I have not realy checked, but seems I am getting about 20 MPG. not to bad for a big mini van, but I would realy like to get a few more. I also have a full size Bronco, but thats pretty much a lost cause :D

Maybe I am missing it, and should be in another board, but is there a FAQ for using the gas log in the garage section???

SVOboy 09-26-2007 11:29 AM

I don't think there's a faq, but do you have any specific questions?

Welcome to the site!

s1120 09-26-2007 11:58 AM

Thanks SVO.

Now I have not made a entry yet in the log, but I assume for the first entry I dont put a distantice in? Do I start with a full tank? am I missing something???

2TonJellyBean 09-26-2007 12:12 PM

Welcome aboard... put in the miles for that fill and the gallons and it'll do the rest. It's not that hard... especially when it is already in your units.

If you don't know your mileage, fill up right away and start a point zero. Consistency of refills is important.

s1120 09-26-2007 12:15 PM

OK, so sence I know it was full last time I filled it, and I always reset the trip od, I should be aboe to just start with my next fill up right?

Gary Palmer 09-26-2007 12:30 PM

Welcome to GasSavers. Yes, that should get you going.

For a Windstar, if your getting 20, that is pretty good, already. You should give increased tire pressure and a grill block a try. They both should produce some improvement. From their, you can work on learning, trying and practicing driving styles, to extend your rolling top and reduce your dead stop time to as low as you can possibly go. It largely involves trying to become more aware of what is coming up, down the road, farther than you would probably be doing, otherwise.

s1120 09-26-2007 12:49 PM

I do run max TP, and am working on a grill block setup. Lot of dead grill aera on this thing.

s1120 09-29-2007 02:58 AM

OK, well made my first entry and looks like I am getting better then I thought. Almost 21! And I was not eaven trying. Cant wait to see what the next tank brings!

oneinchsidehop 09-29-2007 03:59 AM

Welcome!!

I'm pretty darn new too but there is a lot of good info and good people here. I had a friend who used to look at windstars and exclaim "look! they want to be in space!" and I laughed... and wondered how much of a difference that windshield and drop nose made... now after a lot of reading, quite a bit.

Look into a scanguage (search the site here) I bet you can do a fair amount with that van.

Oh, and welcome!

diamondlarry 09-29-2007 06:16 AM

A belated welcome s1120! It looks like you are already off to a good start. I would try to time the lights as well as possible and coast in neutral with the engine running when ever you can. Also, turn the engine off if you do end up getting stopped by a traffic light for more than 10-15 seconds. I would bet that 25 mpg or more might be possible with the Windstar. As mentioned earlier, get a Scanguage as soon as you can. With the information it gives you will get instant feedback on what helps your FE and what hurts it. www.scanguage.com