Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   VX and SuperMID (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/vx-and-supermid-6305.html)

1993CivicVX 10-05-2007 06:12 AM

VX and SuperMID

Does anyone on this site have a SuperMID in their VX? Wanting to get some feedback on the type of steady state MPG readouts people get at different speeds, different RPMs, and DWL.

For example, what I am very curious to know is the following scenario:

You are going up a gradual hill, you are in 5th gear, you are maintaining a steady speed of say 45mph with the pedal to the floor. What is your mpg read out?

Thanks!
Pokemon the Barbarian.

1993CivicVX 10-09-2007 01:16 PM

Okay, what about non VX owners? Someone with a manual transmission car please reply! thanks :)

SVOboy 10-09-2007 01:23 PM

Buy one yourself, :p

1993CivicVX 10-09-2007 01:36 PM

Fugg that. I have no $200 to throw around! My next major purchase is a set of LRR tires. Would be really nice to have one tho. I'm really curious what kind of FE small engines mated to manual transmissions get while going up mild hills. The Prius gets between 20mpg and 25mpg when going up a slight hill and can maintain as high as 30+ while accelerating slowly. Want to compare this to what my car or a car similar to mine gets.

SVOboy 10-09-2007 01:37 PM

I think most of us will tell you instrumentation > lrrs, :p

1993CivicVX 10-09-2007 01:41 PM

Well, I'm already pretty good at driving technique (I seem to be getting the best FE of any VX owner on here, to my continued surprise) and I know my car is rolling slow because of my cheapo knobby tires.

SVOboy 10-09-2007 01:44 PM

That's what you think.

1993CivicVX 10-09-2007 02:12 PM

hah! You think I can get 70mpg with my little pug? I've already shown I can get 60+. I guess the reason I don't think I can improve it is because I get just as good mpg in my mom's Prius with the mpg readout screen off than I do with it on. Sometimes better because I am not trying so damn hard to not use fuel and end up doing things that are *less* fuel efficient than going by my nose as it were. But maybe. I would like one, but they are expensive and I am not mechanically inclined and would have to pay someone to install it for me. Anyway, one day I may get one.

landspeed 10-11-2007 02:17 AM

Look at the mileage on my Bluey (the original one) :D

Done using SuperMID.

Every car is different, and it really depends on the ECU. It also helps to get a wideband lambda - that was also something that I *couldn't have done without*
getting those kind of % above EPA in a car with, in reality, very little eco-mods done.

1993CivicVX 10-11-2007 04:24 PM

landspeed, I see the mileage on your bluey is all over the map. I wonder what my next tank will be. Sometimes I think my 1026 mile trip of 62.6mpg was some kind of fluke, as hard as that is to justify and that I'll never see above 60mpg again. But if the weather doesn't get too cold, and I can keep my car away from the mechanic shop, I hope to hit 60mpg again with this tank.