Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Converting to a FED VX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/converting-to-a-fed-vx-6364.html)

SVOboy 10-14-2007 04:22 PM

You should have him come on the site!

Good luck with the conversion, I'll be excited to see how it comes out...

1993CivicVX 10-15-2007 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyhgaryh (Post 76649)
Hey I purchased one from ebay. I used the "buy it now" option and bought it for $50 + 10 shipping. So $60 for the P07-A001! Not bad.

BTW, my neighbor, a sixty year old man, bought a VX when I told him about the mileage I'm getting. He drives a GMC truck, now he mostly drives the VX. His wife hates the VX. Anyways, I spoke with him today and told him I'm converting my VX from CA to 49-state version. I ask if I can look at his VX. He has a Fed VX!! His O2 sensor is 5 wire. When he bought it the prev owner had some problems passing CA (bay area) smog, but he passed. He got a best of 60mpg, but his avg is in the 40's and 50's mpg.

Anyways, now I have a reference VX (neighbors).

Gary

Hah! That was the other one of the two that I had mentioned to knowing about. :) I wanted to link you to it, but when I went to it it had ended. I guess you were the lucky buyer! There's a $79 5 wire somewhere on the internet, I think on ebay. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

If I can keep my car out of the shop and not do testing on it, I will have an absolute minimum of 45mpg, with regular fill ups in the high 50s, low 60s.

That's great about your neighbor. Love to hear it. We are well on our way to starting a revolution here on gassavers.org

1993CivicVX 10-15-2007 06:38 AM

HERE it is, courtesy of TomO

$79.95 5 wire o2 sensor!

GasSavers_TomO 10-15-2007 07:22 AM

I must add that the buyer beware on that link to the $80 L1H1. I personally have never done any business with that person and do not know his business practices. His feedback seemed good, but just remember that eBay is like water....sometimes it's warm and safe, sometimes we don't know what's in there.

garyhgaryh 10-15-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 76693)
I must add that the buyer beware on that link to the $80 L1H1. I personally have never done any business with that person and do not know his business practices. His feedback seemed good, but just remember that eBay is like water....sometimes it's warm and safe, sometimes we don't know what's in there.

Thanks 1993CivicVX!

Tom and 1993CivicVX -- is there a way to just list negative feedbacks on a user? That is a really good price, but I wonder if it's a cheap china knock off...
Gary

GasSavers_TomO 10-15-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyhgaryh (Post 76706)
Thanks 1993CivicVX!

Tom and 1993CivicVX -- is there a way to just list negative feedbacks on a user? That is a really good price, but I wonder if it's a cheap china knock off...
Gary

That is a feature that eBay disabled a long time ago. you used to be able to list only the positive or only the negative feedback so you could get a better picture of what things were getting a negative feedback.

Best thing I can suggest is to let ebay know to bring that feature back. Especially since you have all these "power sellers" that sell a ton of different things and get about 100 or more feedbacks a month.

1993CivicVX 10-22-2007 03:38 PM

in all likelihood I'm having my o2 sensor installed tomorrow morning. The mechanic's installing it. I'm sure he'll have a thing or two to say about it not being the genuine article. We'll see! I'll let you know how it all goes. :)