Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   New CRX guy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-crx-guy-6436.html)

StorminMatt 10-19-2007 04:41 AM

New CRX guy

Okay. I guess I have to admit that my B18C5 CRX is built more for performance than fuel economy. But when it comes to fuel economy, I guess I can't complain TOO much about a car that is faster than a Mustang GT, yet gets over 30MPG. On the other hand, the whole idea of getting better gas mileage is quite intriguing to me. Especially with gas as expensive as it is. Since I have done several Honda B-series swaps, the idea of more swaps always comes up from time to time. And I was possibly thinking about getting another CRX and doing a D15Z1 swap. With the kind of mileage that folks here are getting from VXs, I figure mileage would be nothing short of phenominal with the same engine in a lighter and more aerodynamic car. Of course, I have to get the car first. And good CRXs are pretty hard to come by. Oh, and I'm not really that willing to give up the 'Type-R' either. So a second CRX would be a must for this project.

UfoTofU 10-19-2007 04:52 AM

Welcome to the site.

I personally demand pictures of the swapped Rex :D

SVOboy 10-19-2007 06:25 AM

Hey...I remember you from h-t way back when. Welcome to the site.

Danronian 10-19-2007 07:41 AM

My friend has a turbo'd LS crx...damn are they fun with a B series in them!

But a vtec-e swap in one would make an amazing daily driver. Good luck with the swapped one and I hope you make the investment in a gas sipping daily!

rh77 10-19-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorminMatt (Post 77390)
Oh, and I'm not really that willing to give up the 'Type-R' either. So a second CRX would be a must for this project.

Pics!!!

Garage Entry!

:thumbup:

cfg83 10-21-2007 01:40 AM

StorminMatt -

Welcome to GS! If you're an engine swapper and a CRX fiend, a second "Type HVX" makes a lot of sense.

CarloSW2

StorminMatt 10-21-2007 03:23 AM

Well, hopefully if I play my cards right, I can build this one pretty cheaply. HF transmissions are pretty common at the local Pick-And-Pulls, and can be gotten for something like $70. And I figure a D15Z1 should show up some day, since you are even starting to see quite a few D16Z6-equipped 1992-1995 EXs. Maybe I could even get one for free from a swapper. But it's not like I know alot of people who do swaps. And Honda swaps are generally considered somewhat passe these days here in Sacramento. Of course, there is the car itself. This may be somewhat of a challenge to find. But the way I look at it, with gas as expensive as it is, this swap could save LOTS of cash. Especially for those situations where I am not going to the mountains, and therefore don't need the HP of the Type-R.