Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Milage keeps decreasing with every tank... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/milage-keeps-decreasing-with-every-tank-6438.html)

GasSavers_Minger 10-19-2007 09:01 PM

Milage keeps decreasing with every tank...

My MPG seems to be fluctuating a lot, despite my trips being the same - I once hit 41-42ish, but my last fill was barely 35...its weird, because the trip is generally the same - from my house, its about a mile or two (engine warms up in this time), and then a lot of hills to school...

The hills I drop to neutral, generally 40-45ish at the peaks and a max of 60 on the downhill, then rev match (or at least try to, no tach...yet) and let the speed bleed off to around 40ish when I get to the top of the hill, but sometimes lower, as the car doesn't force itself to downshift until I drop below 30mph.

Anyways, maybe its just me or the weather, as its getting colder now...and if its me, the scanguage should come in tomorrow.

:)

I just brought it in for an inspection and oil change today as well.

And how do I get the sig? Or does that just come with time...

DRW 10-19-2007 09:15 PM

My mpg is dropping, too. How's the weather out there? I saw my mpg drop off since the weather started getting cooler.

GasSavers_Minger 10-19-2007 11:00 PM

Its a little cooler, sometimes by like 30 or so degrees., but generally somewhat close (i'm guaging this by the fact that back then I wore shorts and tshirts, now I wear jeans and sometimes hoodies...)

garyhgaryh 10-19-2007 11:19 PM

Have they switched over to the winter blends yet for gas? That can be a factor in your decrease in fuel economy.

1993CivicVX 10-20-2007 05:12 AM

In the top right of this website when you are logged in it says "Welcome Minger" and right below that there is a link that says "Private Messages." If you click on "Private Messages" you will be taken to a page where there is a Control Panel on the left of the page. You will see some helpful links under the control panel that will let you edit your custom title and signature and some other stuff. Took me awhile to figure this out. :P

My mpg fluctuates a lot too. Being colder is definitely part of the culprit. The other thing could be that sometimes when I fill up my tank it does not fill all the way to the very top... and other times it does. So maybe this is also happening with you. Do you fill up at the same station or even same pump when you refill?

GasSavers_Minger 10-20-2007 09:39 AM

no, not that sig - I know where the forum sigs are - I meant one like yours where it shows the mpg and stuff =]

For the last few, I've used the same pump, as one of the ones next to it never seems to stop...but maybe thats the one that helped me get my 42 mpg that one time - overfill, and then use the one that would stop where it regularily does...

And I don't know if they've switched over to winter blends yet

SVOboy 10-20-2007 09:41 AM

I think you can get the MPG signature picture in your gaslog or garage somewhere, should display the code for you somewhere around there...

It's prolly just the weather...you could throw some acetone in there and "prove" how it doesn't work...I'm just being mean though.

GasSavers_Minger 10-20-2007 09:43 AM

Na, I'll pass on that. Scanguage is in, gonna go driving later...maybe =]

I just wish I had a 5th gear in this automatic...makes me sad, because sure, its fine for driving around here, but the highway...I'm up around maybe 3000-4000rpm and its loud (never get my car up there to start with)

SVOboy 10-20-2007 09:51 AM

Trade it in for a stick VP? I test drove one of them back in 2005, nice car.

GasSavers_Minger 10-20-2007 10:00 AM

Its not really my call - its my parents' car. Next year though, my brother starts driving and whatnot, maybe I can convince them to let me get something else...

And they don't like the idea of me driving stick, but I wouldn't mind learning - before trying to save gas, automatic would just put me to sleep.

\I doubt they'd go for a CRX or something that old though (they don't like the idea of it breaking down and repair costs), but maybe something like an older civic hatch or an integra (the integra would be like lowering my standards, but I love the car =])