Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   sudden burst of enthusiasm (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/sudden-burst-of-enthusiasm-6572.html)

Matt Timion 11-03-2007 01:22 AM

sudden burst of enthusiasm

so it's official... my enthusiasm for fuel economy has returned. Perhaps I should have purchased a VX a while ago, eh?

I guess my enthusiasm vanished when I quit working on the Frankencivic and purchased the Fit. That was a year ago last month... how time flies.

Anyway, I'm already finding myself scouring ebay for replacement parts that MIGHT need replacing... clutch master and slave cylinders... power window modules, keyless entry kits, and kill switches.

Some of you with VXs and grill blocks/rear wheel skirts, did you do controlled tests to determine the improvement? If not, I would be really interested in doing a few controlled tests.

dogncatboy 11-03-2007 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 79740)
so it's official... my enthusiasm for fuel economy has returned. Perhaps I should have purchased a VX a while ago, eh?

I guess my enthusiasm vanished when I quit working on the Frankencivic and purchased the Fit. That was a year ago last month... how time flies.

Anyway, I'm already finding myself scouring ebay for replacement parts that MIGHT need replacing... clutch master and slave cylinders... power window modules, keyless entry kits, and kill switches.

Some of you with VXs and grill blocks/rear wheel skirts, did you do controlled tests to determine the improvement? If not, I would be really interested in doing a few controlled tests.

Power window modules? Man, you got a fancy VX. I got power nothing!:D

kickflipjr 11-03-2007 05:36 AM

Well Matt you need to give me some of your fire. I have very little motivation to get decent mpg #s. My 20 mile stop and go marathon is almost hypermile proof with an automatic tranny.

MetroMPG 11-03-2007 08:51 AM

You're going to have to get instrumentation, Matt. Got a SuperMID??

Matt Timion 11-03-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 79791)
You're going to have to get instrumentation, Matt. Got a SuperMID??

need to buy one... hopefully Yoshi has the MPG version done... I know that metric is far superior, but I'm lazy.

GasSavers_TomO 11-03-2007 10:04 AM

I don't recall anybody with that style hatchback (aside from basjoos) doing any side skirt testing, at least with a supermid. I would be interested in some results though. And congrats on the VX purchase, Matt. VX Force is strong on this board!

MetroMPG 11-03-2007 11:44 AM

VX Force. Funny that is!

krousdb 11-03-2007 06:52 PM

DUUUUUUDE,
Get the Supermid. Its da bomb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 79740)

Matt Timion 11-03-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb (Post 79896)
DUUUUUUDE,
Get the Supermid. Its da bomb.

waiting for the MPG version...

krousdb 11-03-2007 07:02 PM

MPG or or KM/L it's all the same thing. It's just a numbers game. Just remember that 42.5 L/km =m10 MPG or some such number. Don't let that stop you.