Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   HyperTanking Competition Sign Up (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/hypertanking-competition-sign-up-6606.html)

DarbyWalters 11-05-2007 06:38 AM

HyperTanking Competition Sign Up

Starts Wednesday 11-05-2007 at 8:00am...but you can start any day from Wednesday to Sunday...you will just have a different start date.

The object is to see not only your mpg (miles per gallon) but more importantly you tpg (time per gallon). We are trying to see how long (time) you can go on one tank before you have to fill up. You can add walking, cycling, Public Transportation (not cabs) ect to extend your time.

Whether you get 24mpg or 74 mpg doesn't matter...it is the challenge to extend your tank as far/long as YOU can go by being efficient with your use of your vehicle.

From previous thread:

Someone pick a date and time...Say this Wednesday...we all fill up in the AM...and then stretch those tanks as far as they will go. It will be interesting to hear the stories up until the next fill up. This Wednesday between 6-8am.

1) You can use any fuel additive you want.
2) All fuel must fit in your OEM tank.
3) You can use public transportation (buses, trains but no cabs).
4)Carpooling and Hitching a ride are acceptable...not with your better half in the "other" car.
5) Riding a bike, roller blades, walking, people powered vehicles is encouraged...no motorized cycles ect.
6) Of course any safe hypermiling is a must.
Great Mileage is a good thing...Better Management of a resource is a better thing!
7) Post as you hit every quarter tank mark.

I know I don't stand a chance to "win" but we will all save $$$ and fuel...and I would bet that we will save more that with just hypermiling alone.

The "HM/HT" is on...start (or don't) your engine.

Prediction: 500 to 625 miles on 20.5 gallons...hopefully 15 days!

"Caution:Hypermiler" I Coast Thru Life

DarbyWalters 11-05-2007 06:41 AM

DarbyWalters...I'm In!

GasSavers_Fish 11-05-2007 08:16 AM

Fish....I'm in

Lug_Nut 11-05-2007 09:29 AM

I'll be accused of Sandbagging, but I'm in.
29+ gallon tank, 46 mpg average, 1200 mile range, bicycle commuting regularly.
Wed the 5th, Monday the 5th, Wed the 7th, whatever.
Hello, 2008!

zpiloto 11-05-2007 10:54 AM

I'm in

GasSavers_Fish 11-06-2007 08:24 AM

Are we still doing this?
There hasn't been much activity here...:confused:
Should we do something to even the playing field for those of us who have small tanks and those who have larger tanks? Such as calculating our gallons per day or in some cases days per gallon...?

DarbyWalters 11-06-2007 08:39 AM

Nah, it will just be interesting to see the mpg AND tpg figures...and look back at previous fuel purchases and see how much longer you went with just a few changes.

I am running errands today...ahead of time...to get all the advantage I can...LOL

As the competition continues players will post thier MPG and TPG. The Time per gallon will be interesting to see. I am going to drink a Gallon of MILK for every Gallon of FUEL used just for fun...so I better keep it under 1 gallon a day or so ;-)

The other thing is people can jump in at any time on their next fillup...and start tracking from there...still just one tank.

zpiloto 11-06-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 80200)
I'll be accused of Sandbagging, but I'm in.
29+ gallon tank, 46 mpg average, 1200 mile range, bicycle commuting regularly.
Wed the 5th, Monday the 5th, Wed the 7th, whatever.
Hello, 2008!

Lug with what you done to the Camel your kids kids will be finishing out that tank for you. Good thing diesel doesn't go bad.:D

Where's Brock he and the Jetta wagon would be good for this too.:thumbup:

zpiloto 11-06-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarbyWalters (Post 80364)

I am going to drink a Gallon of MILK for every Gallon of FUEL used just for fun...so I better keep it under 1 gallon a day or so ;-)

Ouch! What you save in gas money you'll lose in the cost of milk unless you already live on a dairy.:)

zpiloto 11-06-2007 04:52 PM

I'm gassed up and ready to go. I've got 12.0 gallons of usable petro to see how long I can last.