Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   noob! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/noob-6661.html)

93dagsr 11-08-2007 12:19 PM

noob!

what's up guys/girls i currently own a 93 acura integra w/B18C1 and just bought a 88 crx si that i want to put a D15Z1 into. i been looking for the complete swap, motor, tranny, ecu, axles, shift linkage, etc. let me know if you know where i could find one?! thanks!!:D :thumbup:

Gary Palmer 11-08-2007 12:49 PM

Welcome to Gassavers. You should talk to Matt Timion. He has a Honda Civic he has installed a VX engine and transmission in a car he calls Frankencivic.

rh77 11-08-2007 03:08 PM

Welcome...btw what kind of mileage do you get with the 'Teg?

JK :D

I assume it's spec'd for racing?

There are lots of VX folks around and Honda techies that can chime-in.

Best of luck in the search...

RH77

McPatrick 11-08-2007 03:15 PM

Id' be very interested to follow your project. We have a 1991 CRX HF that still runs great so I cannot justify having someone put a VX engine in it, but for the future this seems like an awsome option. be sure to take pics every step of the way and share them with us! You'll have a faithful reader in me :)

GasSavers_TomO 11-08-2007 06:13 PM

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you are getting ready to change gears with your daily driving style. Take a look around with the search function for things that tickle your fancy, you'll find lots of great things here. Then feel free to ask away.

cfg83 11-09-2007 12:08 AM

93dagsr -

Welcome to GS! Lotsa CRX folks here, so you'll make out like an MPG bandit in no time.

CarloSW2

OdieTurbo 11-09-2007 04:11 AM

Hello and welcome! You're in good hands :)

93dagsr 11-09-2007 09:03 AM

thanks you guys for all the support and all the help! well i located a local D15Z1 with approx 100,000 miles. includes tranny and ecu. all for $300, all i need to find now is the axles, shift linkage, shifter, and modify my harness. shouldn't be too hard. o and yea my teggy (minerva) is tuned a little more for performance and looks. roughly i get 18-20 mpg depending on how i drive, less when i floor it.... so yea im looking forward to 40-50 mpg's and saving a buttload on gas!! lol! i'll start up my build thread and take as many pics as i can and keep you guys up to date. i just want to get everything together first as to not start on and off. if you guys have any tips or suggestions hit me up! and if you don't find me on here im on myjdmgen.com screen name is (El Professor Hekki). once again thanks for all the support and positive feedback!

93dagsr 11-09-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPatrick (Post 80933)
Id' be very interested to follow your project. We have a 1991 CRX HF that still runs great so I cannot justify having someone put a VX engine in it, but for the future this seems like an awsome option. be sure to take pics every step of the way and share them with us! You'll have a faithful reader in me :)

o its just a shell if it had the hf motor i wouldn't change it for the world, but since im going to swap motors i might as well go obd1 so i can modify the fuel maps and all that good junk u know?