Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Any firearm enthusiasts? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/any-firearm-enthusiasts-6794.html)

GasSavers_DaX 11-19-2007 12:53 PM

Any firearm enthusiasts?

Anyone else out there into getting good FE and owning guns besides me? If so, post up what you got, then I'll flex my small arsenal. Besides, this is typically a pretty hot thread on a lot of message boards.

SVOboy 11-19-2007 12:58 PM

Repeal the 2nd amendment!

GasSavers_DaX 11-19-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 82826)
Repeal the 2nd amendment!

You're nuts dude! :D

SVOboy 11-19-2007 01:15 PM

You're the one with all the guns.

ron22 11-19-2007 01:25 PM

Nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 82830)
You're the one with all the guns.

No I also have guns. :D

SVOboy 11-19-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron22 (Post 82833)
No I also have guns. :D

OMG!?!?!?! IT"S RON PAUL FOR THE LONG HAUL.

CoyoteX 11-19-2007 01:28 PM

I bet I have more guns than you :)

Being from WV it is normal for over half the population to always carry a gun, kind of strange going to other places and seeing everyone afraid of guns. I guess that is why you can walk around most parts of wv without worrying about anyone bothering you because someone will come along with a gun and save you if you don't have one yourself. Probably 10% of the cars here have the keys left in them at night around here. Only problems here are the small time stuff someone can pick up out of your yard and sell for 10 bucks to get some pain pills with.

I just started locking my house last year when I was away mainly because I have student records on my computer and I just like being paranoid about stuff. I have never seen the point in locking the door when I am home though, that seems like one of those strange things people in other areas do though.

I think my collection last I looked was 37 rifles and 25 pistols. A lot of them are worth a pretty good bit. I would say 20 of them are over 50 years old.

bowtieguy 11-19-2007 01:30 PM

i did a paper on gun control in college, and after tons of research, support the right. i don't own any myself, but was SERIOUSLY considering buying one. can you make any recomendations as a starter? home defense only, no hunting. of course if the economy turns sour, you never know...

CoyoteX 11-19-2007 01:37 PM

I always tell people to get a small revolver like a 38 special. They are reliable and less sensitive to dirt than a lot of automatics so if they aren't perfectly taken care of they are still able to fire reliably. And if it does misfire just pull the trigger a second time to fire another round.

The other option is a small automatic like a 22. Keep it in a ziplock back to keep it clean and just rip it out of the bag if you need it or just shoot through the bag if you are in a hurry. If you plan on keeping it in your car that is probably what I would pick since they are cheap so if it gets ruined or stolen it is not that big of a deal.

Get a utah concealed pistol permit they are good in a lot of states even states that it is hard to get a permit there.

lovemysan 11-19-2007 02:12 PM

I've been thinking about starting this thread for a while. For a great starter gun I recommend any glock pistol in 9mm. Its cheap to shoot. Get the gun and run 800-1000 rounds through it to get comfortable. Take a hunters safety course. They'll teach you proper gun handling. A 38 revolver is a very dependable gun, but its more expensive to shoot. For me my glock has been perfect.

I've only got 6 guns. I'm working on number 7. I can't decide between an AK or an AR.

Uphold your second amendment right, its why your free.