Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Average Number of Fuel-Ups Incorrect? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/average-number-of-fuel-ups-incorrect-715.html)

grateful 06-16-2011 11:21 PM

Average Number of Fuel-Ups Incorrect?

My Vehicle Profile page that states that I'm "averaging 1 fuel up per week", but that's not quite right.

According to my "Annual Report" data, I had 26 fuel-ups in 2010, 31 in 2009, and 13 so far this year. The running average since is 1.83, so this could just be a rounding error...

BTW - Love the site - Keep up the great work!

pb 06-17-2011 12:11 AM

Here's how we calculate it. We take the total fuel-ups divided by the number of weeks you've been fueling. In your case you have 81 fuel-ups over the course of 146 weeks which gives us 0.554 fuel-ups per week. We round that up which gives us an average of 1 per week.

How did you get to 1.83?

MMUK 06-17-2011 05:33 AM

1.83 is probably weeks-per-refuelling (rather than refuellings-per-week).

ZilogJones 06-18-2011 01:49 AM

I've just filled in about 3 months' worth of fuel-ups just now and it's saying "averaging

3 per month" even though it's just three fuel-ups over three months, i.e. one a month. What's going on there? Is it taking the time from when I entered the data or something silly?

pb 06-18-2011 04:12 AM

I see the confusion, ZilogJones. In reality there's only 33 days between your first fuel-up and your last fuel-up. So in our system a "month" is 30 days. But you're expecting each *change* in calendar month to represent a month in our system.

Yeah, that is confusing if you're thinking of calendar months instead month as a general 30-day timespan. We might need to change the wording there or change how things are calculated. I'll give it some thought.

ZilogJones 06-19-2011 12:14 AM

Yeah I was thinking in calendar months, I was too lazy to count the actual number of days between them :)

Thanks for the clarification

KeithUK 06-19-2011 08:45 PM

I fill up once a month and I filled up yesterday. I know it takes a few hour before the system updates but 24 hours on and it still only shows 16 fill ups on the image?

Where as the Fuelly image link gone too?

pb 06-20-2011 12:51 AM

KeithUK, sounds like you're talking about Fuelly badges. Here's a direct link to your badge image. I see 17 fuel-ups listed. You might have a locally cached version of the image in your browser. Try clicking the link here and then a refresh at the URL once it's loaded.

If you're looking for the page that lists the badges, you can find a link under the Log Book. There's a picture of the badge icon in this FAQ, list item #4.

If you have the sidebar expanded, there's also a sample badge on the right hand side of the page when you're viewing your vehicle profile page.