Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Experiments, Modifications and DIY (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   We're saving on gas... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/were-saving-on-gas-7949.html)

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-02-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 95159)
and as long as I didn't kill anyone they would most likely leave it there

No even then they'd probably just leave it there anyway until banned by the ruling body (like tobacco advertising on formula one)

GasSavers_SD26 04-02-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 95159)
Racing teams put their names on products from compenys that give them money to do so, if I gave them enough money they would put MY name on their car, and as long as I didn't kill anyone they would most likely leave it there untill the checks stopped.

Thank you. Yup, that's how it works at the top. It's about licensing, positioning, etc. It's the show.

Additionally, I believe that the Indy Car Series has a spec fuel that's provided within the program. There is not an option for teams to add anything to stringent technical specifications of the fuels.

Often, the fuels provided don't develop the most power, but they offer and equal playing field. Keeps the overall costs down.

Yes, some racing is more open. Not Indy Car.

GasSavers_ALS 04-02-2008 08:23 PM

I'll stay with the Lube Control FP Plus that I'm using now. It works for me and it's a lot cheaper. It only costs me 3.7 cents per gallon of gas treated.
$47.50 per gallon. One ounce per ten gallons.
I've never measured the gains but when I don't use it my gas mileage takes a dump. :p

DracoFelis 04-06-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 95178)
I'll stay with the Lube Control FP Plus that I'm using now. It works for me and it's a lot cheaper. It only costs me 3.7 cents per gallon of gas treated.
$47.50 per gallon. One ounce per ten gallons.
I've never measured the gains but when I don't use it my gas mileage takes a dump. :p

FWIW I also use the stuff (they are one of the few additives that I actually "trust", in part from my own experiences, and in part from truly independent tests that have been done on the stuff).

In my experience, the help (of FP+) isn't large, but it seems to consistently help a little (which justifies it's cost to me, especially with today's gas prices). And I also noticed that my car is consistently happier with just a little lower octane (at the pump) than without that additive (which also helps the product pay for itself). And finally, FP+ does seem to follow through on its claim of keeping the fuel path a little cleaner (which is yet one more minor benefit IMHO).

And while we are at it, lets not forget using good synthetic oil and extra good oil filtration. At least with my cars, premium oil and filters seems to make even a bigger difference than the FP+ gas additive does (I use both in my car).

So in the end there isn't one magic bullet that solves all our fuel economy problems. What there is, is several things that help, that together can make a big difference when combined...

rangerbentman 04-07-2008 05:21 AM

Sooooooo

I have to add more money into my gas tank to save money? Almost like the stock market promoters!

jandree22 04-07-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatemybike (Post 95153)

I thought I smelled the reek of pyramid scheme :rolleyes:

thecheese429 04-10-2008 01:44 PM

is it spam season or something? either that or I'm just getting more places to see them.

Oh, btw. DON'T POST SPAM! it makes me sick.

EDIT: I guess that I should say that if you are serious about saving gas, do tell. but the amount of info you gave really makes you reek of snake oil.

Snax 04-10-2008 04:39 PM

Lets be flat out realistic here: Isn't it reasonable, that if a gasoline supplier could legitimately advertise that their fuel provides a bonafide benefit to fuel economy, that they would not do it? They could even charge a premium for the fuel that splits the difference in economy improvement. If they could do that, people would buy it. So why don't they? Quite simply because they can't.

There is no magic bullet here. Oil companies would jump all over anything that actually worked. Proof is essential. Without it, this and hundreds of others products like it are snake oil.

billynjoanna 04-10-2008 05:46 PM

Bulls@*t

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithbasedbiz (Post 95145)
nope- the military is currently using it overseas in their vehicles and ships. You may be familiar with the Unsers- Playa Del Racing? They believe in it so much, they proudly endorse it "on their Ethos car"

https://dwp.bigplanet.com/greenamerica/unservideo/

I know you don't know me from Adam (okay Eve ;) ), but would the Indy Pro Series put their name out there for something bogus?

We did the initial "i don't know-I hear it works, but I want to see it for myself test" and now that we know it works, we can tell others from personal experience. I originally went into this with hopes that it would work, but no proof, and knowing there was a money back guarantee...and was pleasantly surprised

I'm in the military and have been oversea twice now and have never added anything to the fuel that we put in our equipment. Anyway, if she was suppling this product to the military she would not be trying to sell it on this site.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-10-2008 05:53 PM

Damn, and I was hoping you were gonna tell us if it worked with that special carburettor brought in a briefcase by guys in black suits...