Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Experiments, Modifications and DIY (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   We're saving on gas... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/were-saving-on-gas-7949.html)

faithbasedbiz 04-02-2008 09:52 AM

We're saving on gas...

My husband and I saved 15.00 in one week :thumbup: , using a natural product in our gas tank- See signature for more info, or PM me for additional endorsement links by celebs, Waste plants, the Racing Industry (Unsers I, II, III), military, news coverage...
We actually tried the product to "test" it out, see if it really worked. We had heard the endorsements from others, but we wanted to see for ourselves. When we traveled on 1/2 tank of gas on a 3 hour trip, got home with 1/4 tank- we knew we had to start telling everyone...it's worked for us, you're welcome to take the test for yourself--money back guarantee--You can get the product right off the site or become a distributor and get it wholesale.

Best Wishes!!! :)

AMX 04-02-2008 10:12 AM

Is this another scam?

dkjones96 04-02-2008 10:24 AM

The best way to sell this stuff to us here is to get some out for free to a few members here to use that have been keeping records.

Short of that, you aren't going to get very far.

faithbasedbiz 04-02-2008 10:25 AM

nope- the military is currently using it overseas in their vehicles and ships. You may be familiar with the Unsers- Playa Del Racing? They believe in it so much, they proudly endorse it "on their Ethos car"

https://dwp.bigplanet.com/greenamerica/unservideo/

I know you don't know me from Adam (okay Eve ;) ), but would the Indy Pro Series put their name out there for something bogus?

We did the initial "i don't know-I hear it works, but I want to see it for myself test" and now that we know it works, we can tell others from personal experience. I originally went into this with hopes that it would work, but no proof, and knowing there was a money back guarantee...and was pleasantly surprised

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMX (Post 95142)
Is this another scam?

faithbasedbiz 04-02-2008 10:41 AM

Some engines, especially older vehicles can take a few fill-ups to see a difference (mine's a 2006 TrailBlazer)--ForEarth asks that you use the Ethos product for 30 days...See no difference? Money Back Guarantee= Free product, if it doesn't work for you :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjones96 (Post 95144)
The best way to sell this stuff to us here is to get some out for free to a few members here to use that have been keeping records.

Short of that, you aren't going to get very far.

GasSavers_Erik 04-02-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithbasedbiz (Post 95139)
My husband and I saved 15.00 in one week :thumbup: , using a natural product in our gas tank- See signature for more info, or PM me for additional endorsement links by celebs, Waste plants, the Racing Industry (Unsers I, II, III), military, news coverage...
We actually tried the product to "test" it out, see if it really worked. We had heard the endorsements from others, but we wanted to see for ourselves. When we traveled on 1/2 tank of gas on a 3 hour trip, got home with 1/4 tank- we knew we had to start telling everyone...it's worked for us, you're welcome to take the test for yourself--money back guarantee--You can get the product right off the site or become a distributor and get it wholesale.

Best Wishes!!! :)

Please tell us more. What size engine do you have? How many miles did you travel on that 3 hour trip? How many gallons did you use? What was your average speed? What is your normal mileage in this vehicle? How many total miles have you driven while using this product? has it affected your smog testing?

Please put your vehicle in the "garage" along with a gas log so we can get more information about your product.

We have seen lots of people just make a post here trying to sell a mpg increasing product and then disappear- that makes everyone very suspicious about such claims.

Stick around a while and add your vehicle to the garage. If your product really does work, then this would be a great place to get the word out to the rest of the world. We believe in thorough testing though.

ihatemybike 04-02-2008 11:05 AM

Ethos FR

Plenty of good reading here.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-02-2008 11:15 AM

Bottom line, it's a top end lube, it might work, small quantities of B100* might do the same thing.

(*Not just veggie oil, it needs to be transesterified for the long chain ester synthesis to make the high lubricity esters (And reduce fatty acids and waxes etc which will just screw things up))

ketel0ne 04-02-2008 01:05 PM

16oz. Bottle
treats 160 gallons

2x 16oz = $53.20 for treatment of 320 gallons. Plus shipping?

Comes to .16 cents for each treated gallon.

I think at that kind of cost it would have to actually make gas while I drove.

GasSavers_Ryland 04-02-2008 01:41 PM

Racing teams put their names on products from compenys that give them money to do so, if I gave them enough money they would put MY name on their car, and as long as I didn't kill anyone they would most likely leave it there untill the checks stopped.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-02-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 95159)
and as long as I didn't kill anyone they would most likely leave it there

No even then they'd probably just leave it there anyway until banned by the ruling body (like tobacco advertising on formula one)

GasSavers_SD26 04-02-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Racing teams put their names on products from compenys that give them money to do so, if I gave them enough money they would put MY name on their car, and as long as I didn't kill anyone they would most likely leave it there untill the checks stopped.

Thank you. Yup, that's how it works at the top. It's about licensing, positioning, etc. It's the show.

Additionally, I believe that the Indy Car Series has a spec fuel that's provided within the program. There is not an option for teams to add anything to stringent technical specifications of the fuels.

Often, the fuels provided don't develop the most power, but they offer and equal playing field. Keeps the overall costs down.

Yes, some racing is more open. Not Indy Car.

GasSavers_ALS 04-02-2008 08:23 PM

I'll stay with the Lube Control FP Plus that I'm using now. It works for me and it's a lot cheaper. It only costs me 3.7 cents per gallon of gas treated.
$47.50 per gallon. One ounce per ten gallons.
I've never measured the gains but when I don't use it my gas mileage takes a dump. :p

DracoFelis 04-06-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 95178)
I'll stay with the Lube Control FP Plus that I'm using now. It works for me and it's a lot cheaper. It only costs me 3.7 cents per gallon of gas treated.
$47.50 per gallon. One ounce per ten gallons.
I've never measured the gains but when I don't use it my gas mileage takes a dump. :p

FWIW I also use the stuff (they are one of the few additives that I actually "trust", in part from my own experiences, and in part from truly independent tests that have been done on the stuff).

In my experience, the help (of FP+) isn't large, but it seems to consistently help a little (which justifies it's cost to me, especially with today's gas prices). And I also noticed that my car is consistently happier with just a little lower octane (at the pump) than without that additive (which also helps the product pay for itself). And finally, FP+ does seem to follow through on its claim of keeping the fuel path a little cleaner (which is yet one more minor benefit IMHO).

And while we are at it, lets not forget using good synthetic oil and extra good oil filtration. At least with my cars, premium oil and filters seems to make even a bigger difference than the FP+ gas additive does (I use both in my car).

So in the end there isn't one magic bullet that solves all our fuel economy problems. What there is, is several things that help, that together can make a big difference when combined...

rangerbentman 04-07-2008 05:21 AM

Sooooooo

I have to add more money into my gas tank to save money? Almost like the stock market promoters!

jandree22 04-07-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatemybike (Post 95153)

I thought I smelled the reek of pyramid scheme :rolleyes:

thecheese429 04-10-2008 01:44 PM

is it spam season or something? either that or I'm just getting more places to see them.

Oh, btw. DON'T POST SPAM! it makes me sick.

EDIT: I guess that I should say that if you are serious about saving gas, do tell. but the amount of info you gave really makes you reek of snake oil.

Snax 04-10-2008 04:39 PM

Lets be flat out realistic here: Isn't it reasonable, that if a gasoline supplier could legitimately advertise that their fuel provides a bonafide benefit to fuel economy, that they would not do it? They could even charge a premium for the fuel that splits the difference in economy improvement. If they could do that, people would buy it. So why don't they? Quite simply because they can't.

There is no magic bullet here. Oil companies would jump all over anything that actually worked. Proof is essential. Without it, this and hundreds of others products like it are snake oil.

billynjoanna 04-10-2008 05:46 PM

Bulls@*t

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithbasedbiz (Post 95145)
nope- the military is currently using it overseas in their vehicles and ships. You may be familiar with the Unsers- Playa Del Racing? They believe in it so much, they proudly endorse it "on their Ethos car"

https://dwp.bigplanet.com/greenamerica/unservideo/

I know you don't know me from Adam (okay Eve ;) ), but would the Indy Pro Series put their name out there for something bogus?

We did the initial "i don't know-I hear it works, but I want to see it for myself test" and now that we know it works, we can tell others from personal experience. I originally went into this with hopes that it would work, but no proof, and knowing there was a money back guarantee...and was pleasantly surprised

I'm in the military and have been oversea twice now and have never added anything to the fuel that we put in our equipment. Anyway, if she was suppling this product to the military she would not be trying to sell it on this site.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-10-2008 05:53 PM

Damn, and I was hoping you were gonna tell us if it worked with that special carburettor brought in a briefcase by guys in black suits...

Hateful 04-10-2008 06:10 PM

this is the first "natural product" anyone suggested I add to may gas tank. Also racing is usually kinda tight on what fuel is used.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-10-2008 06:18 PM

acetone occurs naturally in fruit, doesn't that count?

Hateful 04-10-2008 06:56 PM

I stand corrected in that case,but in some way everything occurs naturally.Mercury is a natural element too,but I wouldn't add it to a salad.

faithbasedbiz 04-26-2008 05:28 AM

For Earth Corporation has contracts with the military, but (being the military) they have a non-disclosure on all their contracts...
I won't mislead you into thinking "I" supply this to the military- I do not--I mentioned that Ethos Environmental (manufacturer) has contracts with them as well as many other corporate accounts...
I'm not getting paid to endorse ETHOS- yet it's working for me--Allied Waste was given the Earth Day award after finding a solution to a very bad problem...all this info is on the training site.
Go to the education site
and you'll see the documented tests/results- all the readings...
Someone mentioned that anyone will endorse their product for money (the Unsers) but now the entire Firestone Indy Lights Series has endorsed it- you'll see it soon on all their cars and it will be used on all their cars--video documentation on the training site.
JUST IN- 4/24/08--Middle East Going Green

Quote:

Originally Posted by billynjoanna (Post 95736)
I'm in the military and have been oversea twice now and have never added anything to the fuel that we put in our equipment. Anyway, if she was suppling this product to the military she would not be trying to sell it on this site.

GasSavers_JoeBob 04-28-2008 08:31 PM

The one documented report I saw just didn't look that impressive. Also, I read that there was a "report" on Fox news...that pretty much said all I needed to know...does anybody still watch Fox news?

GasSavers_JoeBob 04-28-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 95742)
I stand corrected in that case,but in some way everything occurs naturally.Mercury is a natural element too,but I wouldn't add it to a salad.

Along with lead, asbestos, poison oak, blowfish (ok, some parts are edible), arsenic, oleander, and other yummy stuff.

dosco 04-29-2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandree22 (Post 95441)
I thought I smelled the reek of pyramid scheme :rolleyes:

Good read on that site.

Anyone have anything on "Petromoly?"

I'm mostly just curious, I bought a case of it waaay back in the day when I first read about it. I used it in a 1993 Saturn SL2. Can't say that I noted any performance or mileage improvements....

rgathright 04-29-2008 09:50 AM

So if this fuel additive increases your gas mileage @ $.16 a gallon...

Why not just put 93 octane in the tank at your next fillup?

93 still produces better mileage than 87 right? :cool:

Hateful 04-29-2008 11:42 AM

Early on in my gas saving efforts, I saw several adds instructing people to log onto sites like this and cleanmpg,sign up for the forums and make money pushing this and that magic gas saving product. I don't know about the rest of you,but when I was new to these sites,I had more questions than answers.

bowtieguy 04-29-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBob (Post 97217)
...does anybody still watch Fox news?

curious...what is your source for news?

Hateful 04-29-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBob (Post 97217)
The one documented report I saw just didn't look that impressive. Also, I read that there was a "report" on Fox news...that pretty much said all I needed to know...does anybody still watch Fox news?

Guessing MTV and Comedy Central are preferred, but I like Fox myself.

faithbasedbiz 04-29-2008 04:09 PM

Ok, I can see I'm getting skepticism..but that's ok :D , it's normal and I was the same way, until I tried the product and saw the results for myself...
It is not an additive as some have stated..it is natural, there is nothing harmful in it, like additives (you're welcome to eat it, but I must warn you- yes I tasted it, I was curious :p - that is DOES take like mineral oil)...It is not "magic" by any means--it's simple, it reduces harmful emissions by 40%, keeping the gas in the tank. Make sense? --This is not a fly-by-night company--ETHOS has been around 10 years--They just joined For Earth 2 years ago to distribute to the residential field (prior ETHOS has been around for years, selling to huge corporations). Anyone interested is welcome to hear from the CEO of ETHOS and For Earth on this pre-recorded conference call

Playback Number: (641) 715-3440
Access Code: 913486#

(you will also hear Marie, the director. I can put you in touch with her if you'd like to hear from her mouth, and not just mine--she has powerful testimonials as well...so powerful, a lady who spoke to her two nights ago with me on a 3 way..just emailed me....her husband is working on a possible military contract with ETHOS, as we speak!):thumbup:

I just updated my website- but recently in Florida, one of the 4th largest Railways did an initial test with it. Reduced their smoke emissions from 6% to 0-1/2%. Also they reduced their fuel bill from 3,000/gal to 2,000/gal- that's 1,000 less of liquid gook in our environment (you'll hear this on the call as well)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 97308)
Early on in my gas saving efforts, I saw several adds instructing people to log onto sites like this and cleanmpg,sign up for the forums and make money pushing this and that magic gas saving product. I don't know about the rest of you,but when I was new to these sites,I had more questions than answers.

faithbasedbiz 04-29-2008 04:15 PM

You will hear confirmation on this from the CEO, on the conference call listed, but the Unsers were not paid to endorse ETHOS- the product worked- they happily endorse them and now it is the Official Fuel Re Formulator of the Firestone Indy Lights Series...

Quote:

GasSavers_Erik 04-29-2008 04:40 PM

Please put your car in the garage and show us a gas log- we'd like to see your "results" for ourselves.

Many people will believe anything they hear, but most of us on this site like to see data. How about showing us some of you fuel usage data?

I hope that wouldn't take up too much of your time.

faithbasedbiz 04-29-2008 05:13 PM

I'm female, as I previously mentioned...I have no idea how to do the "garage" thing and wouldn't I have to have prior results on my vehicle before using it? I wouldn't have those, as we originally purchased the product for "us" then when we noticed the results and savings, we decided to make it a home business.... I suppose doing the figures of a 15.00/week savings would make us getting 3-5 more MPG, because my father in law is seeing 3-4 more MPG and that's about $5-10 savings for him....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik (Post 97369)
Please put your car in the garage and show us a gas log- we'd like to see your "results" for ourselves.

Many people will believe anything they hear, but most of us on this site like to see data. How about showing us some of you fuel usage data?

I hope that wouldn't take up too much of your time.

Hateful 04-29-2008 05:24 PM

anybody wanna buy some magic duck tape?

faithbasedbiz 04-29-2008 05:33 PM

cute :D
Starting to see why you chose your username :p

That's ok...I'll keep putting 15.00 in my pocket every week, while you keep paying a bill that will never go away...:)
Just trying to share with you all something that WORKS....I didn't anticipate this much controversy on it. I would think the fact that Firestone Indy Racing endorses it (they wouldn't put their name on the line for something that doesn't work), would be the clincher, and you've heard it from me, and my father in law...but hey...when pigs fly right? :cool:

Someone requested documentation test results..here they are
Here's another

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 97375)
anybody wanna buy some magic duck tape?

GasSavers_Erik 04-29-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithbasedbiz (Post 97373)

I'm female, as I previously mentioned...I have no idea how to do the "garage" thing and wouldn't I have to have prior results on my vehicle before using it? I wouldn't have those, as we originally purchased the product for "us" then when we noticed the results and savings, we decided to make it a home business.... I suppose doing the figures of a 15.00/week savings would make us getting 3-5 more MPG, because my father in law is seeing 3-4 more MPG and that's about $5-10 savings for him....

I happen to think that females are quite capable of doing anything that males can do- maybe that's because I am married to an amazing woman.

Here's how to do it:

Hit the third gray tab from the left at the top of this screen- the one labeled "garage". Then on the left you will see "add garage entry". Fill out the make year and model of your cars and then hit submit.

Next you'll click on "add gaslog entry" beside each of your vehicles. All you need to do is enter the miles you have driven and the gallons you have used.

I know you won't have any old records, but I'd like to see your current mpg data.

I hope to see your car in the garage soon- let me know if you need any help.

faithbasedbiz 04-29-2008 05:44 PM

I guess I should amend my statement of being female. I guess I meant to say, I'm a "married" female, which basically means I leave the "car" stuff up to him..I can do it., I just choose not to...much too busy with the kids (one ADHD) home businesses, and house stuff--I'll have to see if we can figure it out (I don't normally track my mileage) and update you all...Meanwhile take a look, if you get time (there's a wealth of info--I have yet to see competitors who's product no one can back up (and with a photo endorsement of the Unsers), proving that it works--have documentation like this) at all the info provided (you don't have to believe me-I'm just a dot off the radar)- see the proof of others and decide for yourself...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik (Post 97380)
I happen to think that females are quite capable of doing anything that males can do- maybe that's because I am married to an amazing woman.

Here's how to do it:

Hit the third gray tab from the left at the top of this screen- the one labeled "garage". Then on the left you will see "add garage entry". Fill out the make year and model of your cars and then hit submit.

Next you'll click on "add gaslog entry" beside each of your vehicles. All you need to do is enter the miles you have driven and the gallons you have used.

I know you won't have any old records, but I'd like to see your current mpg data.

I hope to see your car in the garage soon- let me know if you need any help.

rgathright 05-01-2008 03:01 AM

@faith based business (why does God need to get involved?)
You should learn how to use the garage, if you make an effort, your customers will make an effort to purchase your product.

Two questions:
1) What happens to mileage when you run 93 octane and this product?
2) Can you get your father-in-law to signup with the forum and post his results in the garage?