Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   undisclosed ethanol content in gas (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/undisclosed-ethanol-content-in-gas-8082.html)

DarbyWalters 04-21-2008 02:12 PM

The problem with "corn" is that is takes land and water resources that are really at a premium.

theclencher 04-21-2008 02:19 PM

We're gonna be bumping up against resource limitations more and more. Pick your poison, or do something about it.

dkjones96 04-21-2008 02:58 PM

I love E10 gas, or more, my car loves it. At sea level I used to avoid E10 because it would cause pinging and my mileage to go down. Up here at 5800ft my car runs beautifully on the stuff. I guess it depends on where you live.

suspendedhatch 04-21-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 96486)
We're gonna be bumping up against resource limitations more and more. Pick your poison, or do something about it.

You mean like stop eating cows? All the soy they have to grow to feed cows...

Cows make more pollution than cars anyway. I say we stop eating them.

Hateful 04-21-2008 03:28 PM

Okay; fill her up with E30 and I'll have a chicken sandwich.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-21-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suspendedhatch (Post 96498)

I stopped eating them... I get wierd issues... aches, pains, stomach cramps, strangely, angus, and bison burgers don't seem to do the same. I wanna know what's going on with lamb here though, I was reading the ontario agriculture site, apparently we've got damn near as many sheep as people up here now and it's been doubling every couple of years.... but I still can't afford lamb at $10 a pound, I dunno where it's all going.

Rayme 04-21-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog671 (Post 96469)
I agree. Arable land is already working full capacity and I dont think corn can maintain the entire US...

hehe...Funny that right now..the US import more petrol from CANADA than arabia...eh?

dkjones96 04-21-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suspendedhatch (Post 96498)

I stopped eating them too. If I eat meat it's chicken, turkey or fish. I don't do the whole soy business but I will admit that I drink more than my fair share of milk.

VetteOwner 04-22-2008 08:23 PM

lol dont come to the midwest all your going to find is E10. MAYBE i know of 1 or 2 stations that sell regular gas in a 50 mile radius but its a dime more than the ethonal stuff.

usxpop 05-07-2008 09:18 PM

Consider the property of alcohol absorbing water. In an open container, alcohol will suck water right out of the air. Remember how you can pour a little ethonal into the gas tank to keep the condensed water from freezing the gas line in winter? The reason it works so well is alcohol also mixes with gasoline very well. So? Well, if the alcohol sucks a lot of water and then is mixed into the gas, BTU goes down. Alcohol has a lower BTU than gas, so any loss due to water only subtracts from the effeciency of E-whatever. Save the corn for food. If we have to use ethonal, then get it from other biomass. Lots of biomass around, use it instead.