Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   HHO & Fuel Heater Questions (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/hho-and-fuel-heater-questions-8107.html)

sethag 04-22-2008 11:44 AM

HHO & Fuel Heater Questions

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I have enjoyed the reading I've done on this site.

I have a 89 D-250 with a Turbo Diesel,(gets 18-21 mph when everything is right) and a recently purchased (gulp) 05 Suburban (fueled 3 times. 14, 17, 19.9 mph respectfully) (the wife wanted it, not me) and a 131 hp tractor. $3.60 farm diesel is a killer.

I just recently learned about HHO. At first I was extremely excited about the concept. If you read the advertisements, one would see it as a miracle cure (or snake oil). From the reading I've done on this site, It is something that could help, but by no means is it a miracle cure. I have always kept close track of my mileage. I check it every time fuel my vehicles or my tractor. I don't have the time to spend experimenting with one, so I was considering buying one from one of these websites, which leads me to my real question. I haven't read anything (or much of anything) in here that has anything to do a manufactured HHO generator. Has anyone bought one and did they have any luck with it?

Also, I haven't read much about Fuel Heaters on here. Some of the websites claim they help the fuel burn more completely. It uses water from the cooling system to worm the fuel. It seems like a quick and simple add to a vehicle. Is anyone using it and is it worth it?

Rayme 04-22-2008 11:55 AM

I think once the car reach operating temps, the fuel is pretty much warmed up by the whole system (touch all the gas line and fuel injectors when the engine's warm, they are hot).

I've seen a website where some dude did that experiment when using cooking oil in its diesel, (as the oil needs to be really hot), his conclusion was that the oil was warmed enough once it reached the engine when car was warm-enough to disable any oil heater..I might be wrong, or his info might be wrong, but here it is for what it's worth.

sethag 04-24-2008 06:57 AM

You see advertisements that say heating the (normal) fuel will allow the fuel to vaporize better as it goes into the chamber.

sethag 04-25-2008 04:58 PM

This is so confusing. I went to www.brightgreen.us to see what they had to say about fuel heaters, only to find out that they call HHO a joke. They also called cold air induction wrong. They said that warm air and warm fuel is the only way to save fuel. I know that diesel trucks use air-to-air or precoolers to increase HP, which should also mean better FE. Right?

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 04-25-2008 05:25 PM

Warm air is theoretically more efficient, in theory, theory and practice are the same, in practice they aren't. Warm air works very well on carbed and TBI cars, and less well on most multipoint fuel injection systems. Because.... apart from at large throttle openings the fuel is almost never suspended as droplets in the intake air... it's squirted into the port against a closed valve, sits there, evaporates from cylinder head heat, and get sucked in as mostly vapor anyway. Now also, cooler intake air will help prevent pinging with a leaner mixture, however, it takes that heat away from the head and the combustion... wasted energy... so ideally.. in theory.. you'd set things up so it was more ping resistant, and thermally efficient, like edging the chambers and ceramic coating them or something, but the ECU doesn't have that option, it says "Oh it's pinging, better back off the timing and hose in more fuel"...