Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   New member checking in from Hawaii (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-member-checking-in-from-hawaii-8449.html)

808subaru 05-16-2008 09:36 PM

New member checking in from Hawaii

Aloha!

I just wanted to check in as I found your site as a referral from the members of yarisworld. I purchased a toyota yaris 5sp for FE purposes, as I drive 400-700 miles a month for work. My 2 subaru's just don't do it, especially since they run on 93 octane. Changing driving habits is difficult in a large metropolitan city, where people use jackrabbit starts and drive really fast and
agressive. In my Yaris I feel bullied on the road.
Well, just thought I'd introduce myself and also see if there are any other Hawaii members?

Happy motoring!!

101mpg 05-17-2008 09:00 AM

Welcome! Glad to see you've already gotten your vehicles in the garage. Keep us posted, and we ARE starting to see more people from Hawaii, as gasoline there is the highest in the nation. I visit usually once a year, and always opt for an econobox, as just about anywhere other than Honolulu proper speeds are never more than 50 anyway.

808subaru 05-17-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101mpg (Post 100416)
Welcome! Glad to see you've already gotten your vehicles in the garage. Keep us posted, and we ARE starting to see more people from Hawaii, as gasoline there is the highest in the nation. I visit usually once a year, and always opt for an econobox, as just about anywhere other than Honolulu proper speeds are never more than 50 anyway.

Yeah nice, the posted speed limit unfortunately is not the observed speed limit.
I see you're from Charlston, WV. I'm from Centreville, VA, we used to go outlet shopping up in WV like 2x a month. But gas was under a dollar then. :(

101mpg 05-18-2008 04:59 AM

You know what's funny - my wife and I occasionally meet someone who lives here that is originally from Hawaii!

We go to VA on occasion to shop as well - road trips are always fun. Hopefully they will be a little cheaper with my new Silver Sipper.

thisisntjared 05-18-2008 05:38 PM

04 wrx wagon!!!!! i have been searching for one to replace my civic for some time now. that and you live in hawaii!
i am jelous on two counts. welcome to gassavers.

hopefully you will have found a few loop holes for you subarus by the time i get one. this is a random shot in the dark, but do you know of any d.o.d. software jobs out there?

808subaru 05-18-2008 07:12 PM

^^ Thanks. I'm jealous of all those of you living in the lower 48 who don't have to pay 3x the shipping charges and stuff.
As far as D.O.D. jobs, honestly I have no idea. Your best bet would be to go check out the website for job postings, although I do know of people working in civilian software jobs, but I work in auditing/finance at a bank, so I don't know too much about your field of work.